Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what use this rear will be to someone?

WDC - CA 4 9GC
2.75 9 119A

(Pinion cover casting date of 9F3)

I don't want to toss a decent 9" out to the scrappers... I think it's from a 69 Galaxie or a 69 Wagon... Coil spring rear end.

2.75 gears aren't a lot to talk about... I have a new ring & pinion set of 370's but I'm selling them to a local guy for $130 if he'll take them. That's $50 off store price...

Just wanting some thoughts.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Uh... never mind. ;) They more than doubled their price. Was $26.50 for any ratio and locking or open 9" centers. Get your $50! Kitsap Swap Meet is this weekend if you want another. LOL
:D
David

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
well the long drive and cavity search at the border isnt worth it to me.;) Honestly though, 200 smackers is probly the right price to ask. I also think your price on the new gears is fair.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
FE , the bare housing is worth a min. $100
the rest , not much value
Some local prices - but they have locations all over the US. They just went up to these prices:

So, $46 + tax is still under $50 for the housing. Any housing. What are you paying locally?

David

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I priced the new 370 gears and the seal set, they're $175 and $26 respectively. I offered them to Lee of fastbackstack for $140. They're owned by ZATAZUKEN, and he left them in my care to sell for him as he gave his Galaxie away, then moved back to Alabama and is going to school to become a proctologist or something like that...

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Don't need one and sure don't want to go through all that mess again but for the putt putt that wants to improve mileage or someone needing the housing. I see them on CL for $200-300 or did when i was looking for one.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Some local prices - but they have locations all over the US. They just went up to these prices:

So, $46 + tax is still under $50 for the housing. Any housing. What are you paying locally?

David
not rusted housing here is $100 . full size cars or truck . width dosnt matter , cut down width

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I priced the new 370 gears and the seal set, they're $175 and $26 respectively. I offered them to Lee of fastbackstack for $140. They're owned by ZATAZUKEN, and he left them in my care to sell for him as he gave his Galaxie away, then moved back to Alabama and is going to school to become a proctologist or something like that...
what make of gears ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyone know what use this rear will be to someone?

WDC - CA 4 9GC
2.75 9 119A

(Pinion cover casting date of 9F3)

I don't want to toss a decent 9" out to the scrappers... I think it's from a 69 Galaxie or a 69 Wagon... Coil spring rear end.

2.75 gears aren't a lot to talk about... I have a new ring & pinion set of 370's but I'm selling them to a local guy for $130 if he'll take them. That's $50 off store price...

Just wanting some thoughts.
Do you still have this rear end?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts