Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 90 t-bird 3.8. It miss fired randomly while driving on the way home. After I turned it off it wouldn't start back up. it just cranks if you spray some gas in the air intake it will almost start you can hear it fire for a spit second but then it goes right back to cranking.

So far I've checked the coil and distributor and all the wires they are sparking. I didn't check the plugs but from what ive read a bad plug wouldnt keep it from starting

I checked the fuel line theirs no leaks and fuel is getting to the rail. I checked the pressure. turning the key once to the on position so the pump powers up for a few seconds i got about 25ish psi. after turning the key a few times i got up to almost 40psi

I'm not a car expert so if you guys could help me out in trying to get this back on the road id really appreciate it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fuel pressure should go up to 40psi then drop a couple pounds. It should stay at that reading without dropping more than 5psi in a minute. If it drops right off or you have to cycle the key numerous times to get it to 40psi I would suspect a bad pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts