Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.0 out of a 91 T-Bird and wrapping up the last few installation details, I hope.

I can't figure out the bolt sizes for the Stock Ford Alternator & smog pump bracket. This bracket mounts on the pass side of the block, alt hi, smog pump low.

I will try to post photos if I can figure it out.

Any sources for figuring out the length & size of bolts needed? I probably have them somewhere in my parts pile of assorted bolts, nuts, etc.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
RU saying you are doing a 91 BIRD 5.0L retrofit into a 71 F100?

You need the fastener sizes to fit the 5.0L mounting bracket to the swap 5.0L engine?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kultulz, that is correct. I pulled the powertrain 3 years ago, and now can't remember the fastener sizes. I am sure I have them, but not sure where so may have to buy replacements.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
From the MPC ILL, there are two mounting bolts, correct?

The top cap screw has a PN 56546-S2. The bottom cap screw 56550-S2.

Going to the STANDARD AND UTILITY PARTS CATALOG to find size/description, the 56546-S2 has no entry in my copy. 56550-S2 shows 3/8" x 16 x 3 1/2".

Now I am way out of date (microfiche). A FORD dealer CDP will show an ILL and possibly the sizes may be listed on that Ill. If not, the parts dude should be able to find the sizes for you (from the PN) and you get a nice ILL to work with.

Does this help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts