Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking a 93 Lighting motor 351w with GT-40 heads can I put a "carbed" style intake on this motor is it worth looking into? it would be going into a 1969 Mustang, it has the GT-40 EFI intake right thanks

Robert

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can use a carb intake, You will also want to change the distributor because the efi distributor will not work without the ECM. They do have a GT40 intake, same as the aftermarket only for a 351w

·
Registered
146 Posts
As posted earlier the only changes needed would be a caburetor manifold and a non computer controlled distributor(I think you also have to change the gear on the distributor to work with the roller cam on the lightning motor). Strangely enough I am searching for parts to convert my 351W from carb to efi would you be interested in trading or selling your efi parts. The carbed motor I have has a Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock 600cfm carb w/ electric choke and an MSD Billet distributor, all are less than 2 years old and have less than 5k miles on them, once I switch to efi I cant use them anyway. If you are at all interested please email me [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts