Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to build a 347stroker,with trick flow top end kit,what would i need as far as supention upgrades,and will my stock tranny work with the373 gears along.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Suspension is based off what you plan on using the car for? Gearing will depend on use of the car, power, rpm range, etc. My guess 3.73's will work great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of hp ,kind i expect to make with this setup,and what can i do to get around 400hp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The trick flows 'could' make 400hp, or close enough anyhow, depending on how much compression and how it's cammed. I don't know what your stock tranny is, so I couldn't venture a guess as to whether it would hold 400hp. If it's a T5, maybe for awhile, if it's an AOD I have no clue, I'm not an automatic type guy.

I'm happy to help, and don't take this wrong please, but try to be more clear with the questions you're asking =). A vehicle is not a simple thing, and when you ask very vague questions....well, you're likely to get very vague answers. Tell us what you have, what you want, and what your specific questions are, and then people will be more able to help you.

Good luck!

Cris

·
Registered
10 Posts
On 2006-10-08 00:35, drecozart wrote:
what kind of hp ,kind i expect to make with this setup,and what can i do to get around 400hp
400 hp from a 347 shouldn't be too hard. I would think a 347 with the TFS heads, stage II cam, and Track heat intake with supporting hardware should hit 350 rwhp give or take with a t5 as long as you have a good tune and supporting hardware. Search around, that's a pretty common cookie cutter set up and you should be able to find some #'s others have obtained by using it.

If it was me and I wasn't going to ever add boost, I'd do a 10.5:1 CR, AFR CNC 205cc heads, custom cam, and Vic Jr spyder EFI intake setup. Add the correct supporting hardware with 1 7/8 kooks headers, 3" exhaust, ect and tune it, and you will see some stout power output.

Again suspension is strickly based off what your going to use the car for. Daily drivers and road coarse drivers won't like full drag suspension and drag racers won't like full road coarse supsension. There are middle ground set ups that will allow to have fun doing both but you'll never dominate either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help,dre cozart,95gt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts