Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This frustrates me

During my cars restoration this (kickdown rod) was sandblasted, powder coated and tucked away to the point where I have no idea what happened to it. I want to say I put it with the rebuilt transmission and when the shop installed the trans... it was misplaced.

So I am looking for one.... but it seems to be impossible to find. The one I need has a pivot point on it that bolts to the top of the transmission and slips either behind or in front of the accelerator pedal (I forget which) on the firewall which downshifts the trans. It DOES NOT connect to the carb. It is shaped as I recall like an s

I have tried kickdown rod galore or something like that... but am coming up empty. While I will live without it... I would love to complete my build.

Any one have a few dozen of these laying around or know where I can search or ask for one? I have hit all of my sources with no luck.

thanks tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
390 engine and C6 automatic?

This pic help?

Montego and Fairlane should be the same.

This pic from the 1968 Mustang, Cougar, Falcon, Fairlane, Montego shop manual.

You have a shop manual for the car?
If not you should get one, very handy to have.....

That is a great pic of exactly what I need! THANKS! much better than these pics I found online

Automotive tire Wood Bedrock Asphalt Flooring
Wood Trunk Art Gas Artifact

SO I appreciate the pic.... As for a manual... I have only owned the car since 1983.... and dont want to rush into knee jerk purchases! Lol... Actually -way back in the day I had one and used it to the point where it fell to pieces... now I dont have a ton of use for it as I have had this car apart and back together so many times --I think I could write one myself. I never considered Montegos might be the same... I will look around with that too. Thanks for the reply. My search goes on... someone must have one laying around!

tom

View attachment 172497

1 - 2 of 2 Posts