Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

my 98 f150 has been throwing a primary/secondary coil curcuit code.

I replaced the coil because it threw a misfire at first....

soooo, it turns out i have a short to the #4 coil. I checked for a broken wire by doing a resistance test from the coil's plug connector and the plug at the PCM connector. I was unable to get any type of reading from the plug. so I am convenced it is broken down the line somewhere.

my question is, does anyone know of a pinout chart for the engine harness where it pluges in up on the fire wall? or know which pin number the #4 coil is?

-thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the pinout diagram. if anyone else ever needs it just PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys,

my 98 f150 has been throwing a primary/secondary coil curcuit code.

I replaced the coil because it threw a misfire at first....

soooo, it turns out i have a short to the #4 coil. I checked for a broken wire by doing a resistance test from the coil's plug connector and the plug at the PCM connector. I was unable to get any type of reading from the plug. so I am convenced it is broken down the line somewhere.

my question is, does anyone know of a pinout chart for the engine harness where it pluges in up on the fire wall? or know which pin number the #4 coil is?

-thanks
i have the same trouble with my F150 now and I don't see any causes for it as well as the ways to fix it.
Did you solve this trouble? can you share your experience?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still fighting this issue. I ended up moving coil packs around and trying a few diffrent plugs. but still have the miss fire.

I have since ordered a new coil plug pig tail and spliced it into the harness because I broke the plug.

my truck idols fine and will drive a little without a misfire. but when I am in a higher gear and put the truck under load, like going up hill, it will missfire. it has not thrown any codes since I have changed everything.

I even checked the fuel pressure with it at idol and under load, but it was within spec.

I have been riding the motorcycle and havent messed with the truck much this last week. I am planning on going thru the harness one again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts