Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For anyone who is interested, I have started a blog that chronicles the work I am doing on my restoration projects. I presently have three projects, but I am currently working on my '67 (full size) Mercury Commuter Wagon. I participate in multiple forums, but have found challenging to keep posts up on all of them, separating out what is relevant to each.

My intent is to share my experiences, talk a bit about what I am doing, and maybe share a technique I am employing. Basically, it is not a how-to page, although I may occasionally explain how something was done. I am also making a point to include pictures (who doesn't like pictures?) wherever I can.

The address is: My Car Restoration Projects

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
126 Posts
Paul, I will be very interested in watching your Cougar project. I've got a Galaxie now, my first project, but a 67/68 Cougar is my dream classic/muscle car. The wagon looks like an interesting project as well, a "dare to be different" for sure!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I picked the wagon up so I would have a vehicle that could haul the whole family and serve as a utility vehicle for me. My wife hates it when I haul car parts with her minivan, so this was a nice alternative.

Sadly, the Cougar will most likely be sold upon completion due to space constraints. That was part of the trade-off for getting the wagon. I have already done quite a bit of work on the Cougar which I will "catch up" in the blog when I start to address it. So you can expect a lot of posts out of the gate covering body work, adding a 3.55 Trac-Loc unit, replacing the battery apron, adding rear disc brakes and more.

Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested, I have added a way to subscibe to my blog by both e-maill and RSS feed.

I'm trying to get in here a couple times a week with updates, but that may be less often at times depending on if I can get into the garage or not.

Thanks,
Paul Van Kirk
Howell, MI

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, last time I'll bug anyone with this, but I'm new to setting a blog up and just realized that I didn't have permissions set for people to post.

Now you can.

Thanks again,
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts