Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air con in my 72 galaxie is woeful-I suspect that the the 40yr old york compressor has leaked. Can any one suggest a replacement if the york is a bit out dated? should I stick with the york? I am considering stripping a compressor/system from a later model wreck and making that fit, as I will propably need to upgrade for late model refridgerant, Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You can put a Sanden and they made an adapter to mount it to your factory brackets. Check with Classic Air.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see Yorks on ebay at reasonable prices. I have seen new and (I think remans) Actually I have a new York, NOS from an old dealership, but its a number specific Ford piece and I am going to try to sqeeze the big bux out of it for use on a restore job. Most people seem to like to upgrade to the Sanden, but I always liked the old Yorks. But then, I am kinda partial to originality too. Good luck, Ron

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, supply over here ok for both. Originality not so much on my vehicle as they never came out with a Holley 725 nor an alloy Holley street dominator manifold. LOL. From what I've been reading the Sanden is a quieter, smoother more efficient etc. etc. compressor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts