Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm looking at some old music videos on YouTube and I come across some Clash videos and wow! I totally forgot how much I loved this band in the early 80's. They were totally innovative and had an incredible sound. I went out and bought a couple of re-mastered cd's last night and I think one of my favorites CDs has to be "Sandinista!" Some songs on it are "Magnificient Seven", "The Call Up", "Washington Bullets", "Charlie Don't Surf" and the list goes on. Besides, they made for some great cruising music. So, if you guys have to delete because it's not automotive related that's fine, but I am bored and it's Sunday and I thought I would just throw something different into the usual mix for a change.

http://mdstreetracingassoc.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 1/8/07 1:32am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 1/8/07 1:33am ]</font>

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love the clash . also joe strummer and the mescaleros. here is ones of my favs by joe but its originally a toots & the maytals song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPvCkMsYjH8

also here is some good driving music if you like country / rockabilly type stuff or just good music in general.

www.myspace.com/rayriddleband

ray was also a engine builder back in the day. they used to race his car at the strip back in the 60's in ohio and currently machines heads in his garage.

anyways the clash rocks !!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Anyone see the car's they had in the Rock the Casbah video?

How about what model Ford did the lead singer drive?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On 2007-01-07 11:48, FALCONAROUND wrote:
Anyone see the car's they had in the Rock the Casbah video?

How about what model Ford did the lead singer drive?
Rock the Casbah???I thought it was Stock the cat box???

Ras Daniel

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I originally thought it was Bobby Volarie and titles "Lock the Snack Bar",,

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Joe Strummer owned a early 60's Thunderbird. He was definitely a car guy.

If you like good 80's and alternative music of that vintage then:

http://www.radionigel.com/

is the place.

Stu

·
Registered
75 Posts
The clash were too good to have a lame mp3 phone commercial make fun of the lyrics of one of their most popular songs. What a great group. R.I.P. Joe Strummer. I've loved The Clash since i was 13 (1992) to this day.

Matt

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
er... um... I was 25 in 1992...
Waaaaaa....

LOCK THE SNACK BAR! Woooooo Hooooooooo!

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Never heard of any of them

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I guess you've never heard of Big Audio Dynamite then!? Stu

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
nope, Hendrix, Stones, CCR, Animals, Janice J. Starship, J. Taylor, Lenard Skinnard, Can Heat, George Jones, Elvis, Johnny Lee Hooker,Albert Collins, BB King, Chuck Berry, Tbone Walker, Willie Nelson, Geo Strait, Muddy Waters, Moody Blues, Sting, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, Karl Perkins, Bob Seger,Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Rivers, Ray Charles, Can Heet, Little Feet, Journey, Boston, Alabama, Tennessee Ernie Ford, and many many more, but done mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Big Audio Dynamite was another great group! "Medicine Show" has got to one of my favorites w/ lots of great sound bites tied into the music tracks. BAD was high energy and great club music back in the day.

http://mdstreetracingassoc.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 1/9/07 11:47am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2007-01-08 20:06, retyler wrote:
nope, Hendrix, Stones, CCR, Animals, Janice J. Starship, J. Taylor, Lenard Skinnard, Can Heat, George Jones, Elvis, Johnny Lee Hooker,Albert Collins, BB King, Chuck Berry, Tbone Walker, Willie Nelson, Geo Strait, Muddy Waters, Moody Blues, Sting, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, Karl Perkins, Bob Seger,Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Rivers, Ray Charles, Can Heet, Little Feet, Journey, Boston, Alabama, Tennessee Ernie Ford, and many many more, but done mentioned above.
Wow, Good list!

My aunt dated the guitarist from the Animals. I was fortunate to live in England in the late '70's and caught the post punk "New Wave" scene but I'm still a classic rock fan too having grown up in the 60's/70's listen to lots of stuff my parents did including Motown.

Stu

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Motown was a great sound. A lot of the artist toured the military bases back in the sixties.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts