Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, is there a difference between the output shaft of a C4 from my rebuilt one (out of my parts car 77 Granada) and the C4 that’s in “project sleeper” right now? (78 Granada, 250 cid 6cyl.) Reason I ask is that the speedo drive gear is part of the shaft and the 77 car has a mph speedo and my 78 car is a metric speedo (km/h). If the shaft is the same then I know I can use the driven gear from the 78 car and my speedo should be accurate. I have a feeling that the axle ratio is the same for both cars ( will look into it later this week)

Second Q is about the torque convertor, specifically the one that came out of the parts car. Is there a way to thoroughly flush it out so it can be reused? I don’t want to buy another TC right now since this is my stage one setup, I will buy one for my stage 2 which will be the high stall one. I would however give it in as a core and pick up maybe a 2000 stall convertor as long as the price is not too bad. If it can be flushed out properly I would rather use the stk. one instead. TIA

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
You can get a stock convertor for around 50 bucks plus shipping from www.bulkparts.com . I'd rather spend 50 than try to flush one and not be certain if I did a good job or if someone else did a good job.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no intention of reusing the stk. convertor if I wasn't sure that it could be throughly flushed out. I wanted to ask the question to see what you all thought, and it looks like I'll see if I can give it in as a core and get the 2000 stall one, that way I know it is a clean unit and I won't be taking the chances of contaminating my tranny with the old convertor. Does anyone know about the first question regarding the output shafts?

·
Registered
413 Posts
From some of the catalogs I have looked at there is 6 different output shafts. The only thing I could say is count the number on teeth for the speedo gear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 2/11/02 7:46am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts