Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these on ebay and thought they were kinda neat. Too bad the one wasn't fords instead of plymouths though.

Check out the box graphics. Sure shows the era it was sold in don't it?

Vintage Shutdown Plymouth Super Stock Slot Car Set 1/32

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180059363857&rd=1&rd=1

Item number: 180059363857

=================================

Miles Per Gallon Gauge Ford 1974

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130055257888&rd=1,1

Item number: 130055257888

==============================

Deb

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wonder how that darn thing knows what final ratio and tire size you have??? We all know that determines the speed and rpms your engine turns, for a given amount of flow of gas.

·
Registered
862 Posts
We all know how well the vacuum guages with anything other than a vacuum reading on them work... According to one of the old diagnostic ones we have lying around my engine shouldn't even be running.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Very interesting Deb! A fuel flow rate meter type setup... hmmmmm....

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
it works off the speedo cable, and all the cars listed have a 100 mph speedo if Im not mistaken. So regardless of the final drive ratio, as long as the speedo is correct, the reading the meter gets will be correct.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I agree with your post in theory. However I have never seen a 32 or33 year old car with a totally accurate speedometer. There are too many varibles to consider, due to wear on the parts, and other factors.

I will probally bid on the item. I just like to have old gimmicks, for converstation pieces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 12/9/06 3:38am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts