Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 F-150 302. My question is, can I put a Mustang 5.0 HO roller cam into it, and just switch the firing order to the Mustang firing order? Is it that simple, or am I missing something. I am also going to be using a 95 Mustang intake with the long curved manifold and Mustang shorty exhaust headers. I have the wiring harness and EEC-IV computer for the Mass Air Mustang.
Second, what size fuel injectors should I run on this combination? I am thinking that 24# would better serve me. Any opinions or ideas?
Finally, this engine will be in a 1990 Jeep Wrangler, backed up by a C-6 and NP-208.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You might want to check this link out.. http://www.coolcats.net/tech/advanced/ho_conversion.html Just be advised that there are differences.. The HO mustangs run the 'yellow top' fuel injectors(19lbs)... And the SO's run the 'grey top' injectors(14lbs).. You building a rock crawler?? And the computers are programmed to the injectors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sinistertrucker on 12/7/03 2:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, this is going to be a daily driver. It will also function as an offroad rig. I have a set of 24# injectors. Any reason I can't use them? I am learning new info every day about Ford EFI. Thanks for all info you can give.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
i dont think you need #24lb injectors(they came stock in a 460).The 19lb's will support 300hp.So unless your above 300 you dont need them.Pick up a adjustable fuel preasure regulator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts