Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
351w, procomp heads, Edelbrock injection. Just some mock up pictures, if we can get some good weather we are about ready to put it in. What do you guys think of the air intake set up? We are trying to give the engine bay a little more technology type look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Air intakes look great! Never seen that, where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Looks great!! I like the Shovel head you have beside it too! still building I see..(Or repairing) No dash or gas caps.. Looks good though. yours?

·
Registered
830 Posts
It would a lot cooler with 2 snorkels going to the front.

Air cleaners make it look like it came off the saggy pants kids Honda.

And those china heads copyright infringed, hopefully the seats don't fall out.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It would a lot cooler with 2 snorkels going to the front.

Air cleaners make it look like it came off the saggy pants kids Honda.

And those china heads copyright infringed, hopefully the seats don't fall out.

Good luck.
Not sure i agree with you on the saggy pants Kids honda deal, But thats only a opinion. LOL

I wanted to pipe it to the fenders, but its my boys (no saggy pants lol ) car and he likes it, may still change it, we shall see. As far as the heads I have my fingers crossed, I did have the heads gone thru by a local machine shop so I am at least not flying completely blind.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like your pulley set up, who makes that? Also, which Edelbrock injection system is that? (P/N)

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great!! I like the Shovel head you have beside it too! still building I see..(Or repairing) No dash or gas caps.. Looks good though. yours?

Its actually a 1940 Harley Knucklehead, its a work in progress. It will be my gals bike when its done, she really wants me to get back to working on it instead of all these cars. LOL
Here are some pictures of my other 1940 Knuckle, I am actually wanting to change some stuff on it as well but at least its a rider!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your pulley set up, who makes that? Also, which Edelbrock injection system is that? (P/N)
The pulley system is a CVF Racing setup. They have complete pulley systems for several ford configurations. I would link you but i am not sure if this forum allows links. Just google them and look for complete systems, they offer with air or without.

The Injection set up is older, I bought it new in the box from a guy that abandoned his project. The part number is Edelbrock3541 Pro-flo EFI, they have a newer system but I dont think the new system is as complete with ignition parts as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thank you for that information Sir!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dump all the China parts on them heads! I have a set and the rocker studs kept breaking with a small e-303 hyd. cam a valve spring broke luckly when I was a block from the house driving slow. I've replaced all the parts but the bare castings. I could have lost a motor if that spring had broke when I was at higher RPM!

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dump all the China parts on them heads! I have a set and the rocker studs kept breaking with a small e-303 hyd. cam a valve spring broke luckly when I was a block from the house driving slow. I've replaced all the parts but the bare castings. I could have lost a motor if that spring had broke when I was at higher RPM!

Thanks for the info but I think we have it covered. Rocker studs are ARP 7/16, springs are Edelbrock, had the heads gone thru so I hope they will be good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its actually a 1940 Harley Knucklehead, its a work in progress. It will be my gals bike when its done, she really wants me to get back to working on it instead of all these cars. LOL
Here are some pictures of my other 1940 Knuckle, I am actually wanting to change some stuff on it as well but at least its a rider!

That engine/trans/exhaust is a beautiful piece of art. BEAUTIFUL!

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are planning to pull the old motor and start prepping the bay next weekend. We hope to have it on the road with the new engine and trans by the end of April.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts