Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the local Recycler magazine and came across this add and thought about JC. I wonder how many members have been around long enough to see the obscure connection. (the Galaxie ad)
Mike

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I was looking at the local Recycler magazine and came across this add and thought about JC.
Hey Mr. 61SL,
This was in a recent magazine?

I wonder how many members have been around long enough to see the obscure connection. (the Galaxie ad) Mike
There are a few here that were around when I first posted here: Gary; Deb; Mr. Kultulz; Mr. Deadhorse (occasionally), Danv (as I recall, Danv was the first to respond); and there may have been others.

For those who weren't here, there was quite a hubbub when I used the term "Hard-Top Convertible" to describe Ms. American 3.14159, the only 1964 Ford Galaxie 500, Four-Door, Hard-Top, Fast-Back, Police Interceptor that Google finds on the whole World Wide Web.

Many of the younger netizens had never heard the term before.

There were those who questioned what it meant. Was it a "removable" Hard-Top like the early T-Birds had? Was it like the model that the Hard-Top retracted into the Trunk?

In actuality, "Hard-Top Convertible was a 1950s term for what today is simply called a "Hard Top", that is, a sedan or coupe body style with no "B" Pillar.

At the time, I especially enjoyed what Mr. Deadhorse said: "Boy! I'd love to see THAT!"

But as you will recall, it was not just that Ms. American was a "Hard-Top Convertible" but that she was ALSO a Police Interceptor that made her unusual, as most PIs are Four-Door Sedans, popularly called "Mayberry Specials", made famous by the old "Andy Griffith Show", also known as "Mayberry RFD".

Anyway, Ms. American showed up here in 2007. Since then, as Tim noted to me in a PM just the other day, she has become an "animated character" in the interim.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Yea, it is a recent ad. Strange there is no price or phone number. Mike
Hey Mike,
OOPS! :) Sounds like maybe the ad was place by an older guy whose memory isn't what it used to be! I know THAT feeling.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I remember the 4 door hardtop convertible part mentioned here in the past. hmmmm There's 2 JCs out there??? Or JC types?
Hey mon Deb,
Back when I was a kid around the mid to late '50s, having a "Hard-Top Convertible" was the "cat's meow". Almost on a par with having a '55-'56 Ford Crown Victoria! I had a 1931 Model A Two-Door Sedan with six 21" Kelsey Hayes Spoke Wheels (four on the ground, and one in each wheel well in both front fenders). Sure wish I had THAT car NOW!

JC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts