Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my car will be showing up sooner than expected. Got word last week from my dealer that Ford issued the VIN on my car. I gave it a few days and went on a website that can show you the window sticker online with the VIN and got a copy of that.

From that it turns out my car got a build date of Aug. 7, 2012 so it's probably built now waiting to be shipped. My dealer says very good chance of it showing up in early Sept. so I'm getting stoked.

Luckily I was able to get my order pushed up a bit or the order would have just been put in right about now as per my earlier instructions to the dealer. Looks like everything is coming along nicely can't wait for this monster serpent to show up!!!!

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
my first ordered mustang was a terrible experience...5 months on a allocated priority 10 from the dealer, enough griping got regional to bump me a priority1, 30 days later it showed up and the car hauler dude dropped a ramp on the wing/trunk/quarter, couldnt even get a test drive...got another priority1, took almost 60 more days to show up- of course we were 1000 miles away at the time...

anyway, got the car 12-17-05, still as much fun to drive as the first day, know things are better now, but 13.78 @ 103 and 24mpg bone stock I'm still content with :) like the car so much, bought a identical twin and stashed it away undriven.

so glad that first car got damaged though now, had I gotten it, it would have owned me... its replacement sits out in the rain, has been down the dragstrip many times, etc...still keep it put away if theres salt out on the roads, but other than that drive it as much as possible- i had been so obsessed over that first one I woulda been afraid to get it rained on, and doubt I ever woulda enjoyed it as much, after letting it go decided that its just a car, it wont last forever and neither will I, so might as well enjoy it :)

good luck on your Shelby, I'm quite certain it will be a absolute BLAST to drive, with what 250% more power than my old GT... enjoy!
Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts