Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thousand words, so that said anyone have a pic of a drivers side long tube header for a factory clutch linkage set up with a cleveland? I know the windsor header has a big void in between the #6 and #7 tubes, (or my old set wah this way). I am having issues with finding a Clev header for manual tranny cars.... I have cut up one header already trying to gain clearance but beings the header in question wasnt actually for a mustang the rest of the tubes not cut makes rerouting of the tubes cut virtually impossible. Back in the day headers could be had for less than a couple hundred bux but holy moley.... Have a set of comp plus headers that MIGHT fit but not for sure. So thought if I could see one that is known to ACTUALLY clear the linkages I could asses what I have/have to do.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I do understand, maybe none lose etc... Guess I need to save my pennies and order a set of new ones. Hate to think of all the old cast manifolds we tossed in favor of cheapy Hedman's/BlackJacks that WOULD fit manual tranny setups etc. Just the thought of 400+ bux for a set of headers we used to get for a 150. (and that was expensive then too, cuz it wasnt a chebby). Will keep plugging along, and hope i get to drive it again....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts