Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage; a place to go, to escape. A place where the smell of an old vinyl interior replaces all the thoughts every other scent picks up. In there you can literally see in front of you that the results are directly reflecting of the effort you put into it. The rewards may not be immediate, but they are very visible. Unlike life and love where you might put your entire heart and soul into, only to see everything shatter like glass, in a million pieces in all directions, with no reward for doing the right thing, or being the bigger person.
I just aquired a bigger garage. A two car that is long enough to fit two medium size imports front to back. It has windows all around on every wall, and in every door. I can tell it was built during a simpler time, sometime in the era of "the wonder years" maybe. One of the side entries is even a double door.
This place will be my escape, because right now I'm just not interested in what there is to offer outside those doors. The people who can care less that thier mistakes cause you pain. The countryside that is being sold piece by piece to other countries; the making of a total coup without one single shot even being fired. The many, many different languages making english and myself, more and more obscure by the day.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Venting here is so good for me. Thank You.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is something spiritual about working on a car not because you have to, but because you WANT to. Everyone needs some kind of sanctuary, and it sounds as if you have found yours. Well put.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 65Galaxie on 8/5/06 11:52am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm not up to date on all the world's issues but several of them have my attention and my Garage is where I go to deal with all that mess... I step into my garage and everything else fades to nothing....

Until my wife hollers at me...
It's still good even then.

FE

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will put bug bombing on the top of the list of priorities though. I have NEVER seen so many spiders in my life! I think there is something living in the west wall too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 8/10/06 11:52am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts