Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a guy posting up on CL looking for Falcon "stuff". I emailed the guy asking what he was looking for, and the guy got all pissy. Started saying I been doing this for 40 years and I dont need your help. And regressed from there. I was like wow. Try to help someone and they bite your head off. I wanted to post something here yesterday but I got busy with other things. I only been messing in Falcon poo for 4 years I guess so I am a noob. But I have learned alot here and my friends I met who love the old birds.. But this guy.. Geesh. I guess this is where I say thanks to all you guys who answered my questions when I asked and for not being an ass about it... I tried to repay back what I can help with.. But I have taken more than I have given..
-Steve (Okura_Hubby)

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I emailed the guy asking what he was looking for, and the guy got all pissy. Started saying I been doing this for 40 years and I dont need your help. And regressed from there. I was like wow.
did he by any chance say, he use to work in the part's Dept for ford...way back ...
and have all the service manuals..including service Bullitins ,dating back 40 plus years....
and sounding like a real pricklly fellar......:eek:...lol

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Meh. I've had that with CL lookers. The couple I've had were looking for "uneducated" owners or relatives where they could offer to "tow it away for no charge". Yeah, right. One even said the cops were issuing tickets and towing any old car without current plates and insurance, and he would solve that issue for me. That's another reason I try not to keep cars out in obvious sight, as 'hunters' will stop and play stupid with me, then leave all pissy when they quickly find me playing stupid back... LOL.

On that note, my favorite CL seller was a guy with an "original 351CJ torque converter" for $200. He was close so I stopped-by and immediately saw it wasn't. He absolutely insisted it was (I've been doing this for 50 years!) and that it was actually worth $800. "I wouldn't sell it to a moron like you anyway." Oh... OK, thanks, bye. :rolleyes: So I go grab the identical one I had from a Bronco II and was back in 20 minutes. I pulled-up and said "Hey! I have this one just like yours - and I'll let you have it for $100. You can double your money!" He put his next to mine and looked it all over for a couple minutes, then he went to his house and slammed the door. LMAO. Gotta love it when you can bitch-slap the jerks with their own hand.
:D
David

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No... I wish I knew someone that worked at the Fred Jones reman plant here in OKC back in the day. But could have been him. I was like WTF.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Huh , sounds odd, did you say something that he may have taken as offensive , like you knew more than him ? Something he never ask you about. Maybe it was lack of clear communication .

P. S. I think i know who "RAGGAREN" means, " NUMBER D " ? had a few words with him like all the rest have.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had my share of CL sellers who thinks they know the whole history of the items they're selling. Yet, if they're asking for help and then slam you for wanting to help- it's best to just flag their ad on CL. Send us the CL link, we'll email him and chastise him for being bad to you!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
There was a guy posting up on CL looking for Falcon "stuff". I emailed the guy asking what he was looking for, and the guy got all pissy. Started saying I been doing this for 40 years and I dont need your help. And regressed from there. I was like wow. Try to help someone and they bite your head off. I wanted to post something here yesterday but I got busy with other things. I only been messing in Falcon poo for 4 years I guess so I am a noob. But I have learned alot here and my friends I met who love the old birds.. But this guy.. Geesh. I guess this is where I say thanks to all you guys who answered my questions when I asked and for not being an ass about it... I tried to repay back what I can help with.. But I have taken more than I have given..
-Steve (Okura_Hubby)

Don't sweat it....I have forgot more than most think they know....but I learn something everyday.....did you get the rollers??

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wagon Guy, Yeah I got the rollers. I got the small padded envelope. I havent opened it yet, as I just bought a house and will be moving all that stuff to it soon. I guess the package of 10 just got lost in the mail.

I just said eh.. his loss.

I just found out my new boss's brother, her borther is in Cali, but he bought fairly recently a 63' wagon. It was done up all Tikki like, with white wood grain where the dark wood grain stickers are normaly. I think I remember seeing that for sale up on Ebay about 2 years ago or so. Its like a baby blue with white wood (its a squire).. anyway.. I was like wow how cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts