Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Well for the new guys here I guess I'll reintroduce myself too... I'm Jeremy Lawson, I'm in Paris, TX and my current Galaxies are a '64 500XL 2 door hardtop with a 460/C6 transplanted in it, a 64 XL 2 door parts car, and a 63 XL convert rolling chassis.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm Steve. I live just north of Philadelphia. I have a 63 Galaxie I've owned for almost 2 years. It's got a 289, auto trans, nothing too impressive. It's basically just a cool cruiser. My first muscle car project, it has come along way with help from guy's on this board.

This years projects will include an electric fan, a vinyl top, maybe a cd player and maybe some blue ghost flames.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm Mike. I've got a 63 1/2 Galaxie 500XL born on 1/17/63. A low mileage car with all the orignal stuff. 352 cruzo. I'm still looking for the rose interior fabric for the front buckets. The rest of the insides are great shape. Also needs paint, the rose metallic has faded. A nice solid rust free Galaxie.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am Travis Rice from Cumberland, Md and I own a green 65 galaxie powered by a pump gas 514. Car has been a best of 10.22 @ 132 on 10.5W tires and full exhaust. Car weighs 3845lbs and is a regular at all the local cruises. I know Greg pretty well and he is the one that turned me on to Fordmuscle.com. This place rocks !!!!!! Wish I had more time to devote to the internet, but work comes first. My car is completely tore down for the winter and is undergoing a new paint and body work thing. Hope to get to meet a few of you like I have with some of the other guy's that post here. Merry Christmas!!!!!! Oh yeah I was supposed to let Greg know the true size of my 31X10.5W's and here they are........ On a 10" wheel they measure 31" tall, 14.5" across the sidewalls, and 11" on the tread. Haven't made it to gettysburg yet to check out new trucks but hope to get to come up to your shop in the next couple of months.

Later,
Travis

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I saw Travis Rices 65 Galaxie is its freakin awesome!:D

It was the one that was in the running for "get in Car Craft" a while back.

I voted for his car and told all my Ford buddies around here to send in their votes too!

He got close to winning the thing,but was edged out by a red Chevelle with a big block!

Man! you almost never see a red 70 Chevelle in a car magazine?

Im glad the "rarely seen" Chevelle won,and not the common 65 Galaxie that runs 10 second 1/4 miles!:-?

Thats the way it goes I guess,all those GM guys that read that GM baised magazine want to see their monthly articals on 70 Chevelles and 69 Camaros?:evil:

·
Registered
238 Posts
My name is Eric and I live in Phoenix Arizona. I have a 1964 Galaxie 500 Fasback with a 7 cylinder 289. I have asked questions that are gimmes to the old guard and I get answers that are concise and pregnant with patience. I thank everyone who pools their resources to make this a great way to get info on our beloved barges or just to enjoy that which is one of the most beautiful models from the 1960's.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Greg (and others)...
On a different topic to general Galaxie talk, with all the talk on the techboard about strokers and how hard to push em....
I was wondering what your shift points are when you run your 557?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
It's able to handle a large shot of juice reliably if geared down a bit. a 350 horse shot with 3.89 gears and 5PSI fuel pressure to fuel solenoid while activated and he'll be all over that 7400 chip at the line. Better run a 7200 chip for that
New slicks may cure the traction problem....

That would be neat to see, the Galaxie on the rear bumper and holding it there thru first and part of second. Fun to think about. Ignore me Greg, I'm just day dreaming.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Travis Rice's Galaxie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 1/8/02 1:36pm ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
DAYUM thats a sweet 65, may be inspiration to get of my can and start wrenching on mine. Travis, are those 427 pyrex headlight covers I see??
I wont be in the 10s, but low 14 hi 13s on the daily driver type 410 should be fun enuff.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here. My name's Steve. I'm from a little nowhere town in Britich Columbia, Canada called Rock Creek. My baby is a 66 convertible, but I own a couple of other galaxies as well. I'm looking to drop a 460 into the convert, hopefully once again giving it the ability to spin the rear tires as the 390 that is in the car now kicked it after last summer (blue smoke trails for miles, not pretty). I'm sort of wondering how much trouble (if any) I'll have putting the 460 in. I'm planning on using the whole drivetrain (motor, trans, diff) out of a circle track car. I know the risks of using a raced motor are high, but the price is right, $1500 CDN for the whole car, which is a torino with a full roll cage, minor mods to the engine, with a 2 bbl carb. I think the 460 will probably get about the same mileage as the 390 did as the 390 never ran too well even on good days. Also, will I need to stiffen the car to make it able to handle the increased power (400 foot pounds torque, 390 horse)? any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fomogo,
They are the pyrex glass covers. Not a true 427 car though. Car is now powered by a pump gas 514. I have another set that I purchased a while back that have NOS bezels and are complete with the emblems still intact and the headlight panel also.

Thanks to Greg for the cool pictures a while back. He sent them to me off of his camcorder. Probably the best pics I have since I usually am to busy working on it and trying to make the next round. This must prove that Gregs ride is pretty reliable to have the spare time to video someone else. (LOL) Hey Greg, what was the problem with no fire at the last race? Bad MSD or a loose connection?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve, a 460 swap is not too involved. you can scrounge for the parts used or get the swap parts from Crites. One word about crites headers tho, the tubes are huge
for a street car, 2" primaries and 3 1/2" collectors. I have toyed with the idea of a 460 myself, but as I am also a turbo fanatic, I would turbo it and make WAY too much power"if THATS possible"

Jim

·
Registered
261 Posts
Greg,
First off what homepage and how do I get there? My car is stripped down to bare metal and should have some primer on it by Sat.
---------------------------------------------

Next, I don't have the picture either, same story as Greg, Now that would be a cool picture for FORDMUSCLE.COM . How often do you see a 61, 62, 63, 64, and a 65 Galaxie lined up for a picture? Not to mention that 1 of them ran in the 10's, 1 now runs high 9's, and the other 2 have since been in the 8's. ( mine being the slowest now )

--------------------------------------------

About the open house, thought that Charlie said it would be in Jan. sometime. Last Friday he called me and said that he may even try to get some chassis certifications scheduled for that day also, if he came up with enough people needing them done. The last open house was way cool. Glad that I was invited. What a privilage to be parked beside the nicest Galaxies in the area.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts