Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad it's a chevy!

eBay Bid

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fordracerguy on 12/7/06 7:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Seems bogus to have a non Bumper having car (no crush area) legal on any street.... Never know I guess...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I can strip the bumper off of my '67 and replace the whole front clip with fiberglass. Will it be safe in a wreck? No. Will they care? No.

Same as you can drive an open wheel 20's ford on the road. Safety was at best an afterthought. And I'd call an Indy car safer than ANY road car.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Untill a lifted truck runs over it. I also have a hard time believing that thing is street legal (especially with the sound of that cam), Although My custom harley was registered without even bieng checked for proper operation of the brake lights.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The cam you have in an engine has just about nothing to do with it being street legal.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I forgot not all of the us has a uptight california standards. But I was just making a point that the DMV does not like to register that kind of stuff. So it will be a hassle to get it licenced. I think its a pretty cool idea and hop that more race cars like that can be used on the street. In England they have a few cars (one is called a radical sr2 or something like that) that weigh about 1000 pounda and have superbike motors in them that pull well over 1g on the skidpad, but I dont think you can drive em here again because of the safety stuff. Especailly in california the whole emissions/ safety standard system is so backwards.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Indy cars suck....
If you want a real racer to put on the street, buy an old sprint car.

Jan

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Plymoth prowler has open wheels, whats the big deal. Still 1000 times safer than a motorcycle, these things crash at over 100mph, get airborn, and pretty much become a million pieces yet the drivers rarely get seriously injured.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Yes they do but they are gettin g harder and harder to register if you are building a kit from scratch. If you are building an origional car they really cannot do much to stop you from getting the car licenced. Califonia is really cracking down as I have said before. For example now you are only alowd to build one special construction motorcycle (or maiby vehicle in general im not sure) that is smog exempt in your lifetime. And you have to keep it for 5 years. If you want to build more than that they have to comply to contemporary smog, sound, and safety rules.

·
Registered
698 Posts
cali may suck. only 1 kit car, really. explain to me how guys like socal & boyd codd.. and others make & sell several a month. they're in cali. problem with folks interpreting laws is they repeat what some knucklehead friend told them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts