1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ouch. :(

And it's a 61? Why oh why did they do this to my favorite year Falcon?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I am thinking, this was probably a GI's car way back. And was sold off why he was there. Probably brought over by uncle sam then just stayed there. When I was at Yokota AB, the economy in Japan crashed, and a colonel bought two late 60's early 70's vette's for pennies.. I am saying SILLY SILLY Cheap. I know one had a 454 in it. Anyway he was planning on keeping one and sale the other. This was like 1999-2000 time frame.

Yeah I noticed all the trim, all the glass, all the interior is excellent cndition. The only scary part is the lower doors and wheel wells. The tailgate appears to be perfect. But yes all the trim is there, and the roof rack, that rack is about $1000. The bumpers are worth about $500. The wagon specific glass is worth $300 each. The wagon stainless trim is worth about $150. So a small fortune in parts here.
I would love to snag the chrome door panel trim, that retains the fiber board door panels. But the seats, everything side looks great.

Its not in Okinawa, its up northern Japan. I will be in Tokyo in 10 days from now. Visiting wifes family.. There is so much goodies on that car that it would be cheaper to just take the whole car and take your time at getting everything. To put it in a container and ship it to mainland then where ever would be about $5K or so.

I am thinking what did her in, was the salted roads. Up in northern Japan they get ALOT of snow, and they use salt.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can say 100% sure been there done that.
The window stainless is not unique to just 61.. it will work up to 63.
My wagon was originally an A model. and I sourced the stainless for mine. I think I paid like $200 for all the window stainless. Then when I found the Ranch Wagon at a junk yard that had near complete set of stainless I got what I could. and pulled the tailgate, rear seat, 2 doors, I all sold that to a friend who was restoring a wagon. But I kept the glass. That was my purpose of all the work was the glass. Just grabbing other parts as I knew the rareity. But then I had to goto Korea so I sold off the parts to a friend.
What I think I have left from that scavage is the picture window stainless molding, both picture windows, and the rear door passenger glass. Everything I needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts