Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 1970 Mustang Grande. I love it.

I do not have an air conditioner, and the passenger window does not roll down... in the Texas heat. It has no handle so I bought one, tried rolling it down and it wouldn't budge, Tried a little harder and stripped out the little plastic crank... I will buy a metal one next time!

I'm new to this, so if anyone could tell me what to look for that would be great, I have no clue. The door panels are already off, as the entire interior is stripped. This will be my grand project, all of the interior. Anyone in DFW that does interior work may get a call at some point! Already ordered the carpet.

My second question is... I have a 94 pontiac throw away car with a great air conditioner... is it ridiculous to entertain the idea of using its parts for my mustang? I realize the pontiac is run with a serpintin, but maybe the pully could be switched?? I really dont know where to start... HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
your pontiac parts wont swap over. No how no way unless you wanted to spend more money then it costs to just buy an AC system for your mustang.

Take the door panel off and make sure lube is in the window tracks if that does not do it, you may need a new regulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts