Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after doing some research the other day in the junk yard I came to the realization that newer LTD's and crown Vics are not the same as my 66,now I know you guy's will all say "hell we knew that" but I know I read somewhere on here that someone did the replacement using one and I spoke with a guy at a car show who had a nice 65 Vert that told me the same thing.now correct if I'm wrong but I measured my wheel base at 122" right? and the Crown Vics were only 112" about a difference of 10",not much but I would still need to cut it in half and do some welding.I only need to fix my rear part over the wheel of the frame. So i guess my best option is to just back half the car like I had plan to in the first place.

Oh yeah town cars did have the same wheel base but are completely different.

I did talk to a guy from here about a frame
http://www.fordautowrecking.com/
and he did say he had one but I never got a shipping price back,which always seems to be a problem for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That was a great story! A must read.

We were fortunate to find a good frame for ours, so we replaced it. The late model frame is similar in many ways, but it would take some fabricating to make it work. It is also a four-link rear instead of the 3-link with the panhard bar. The trouble might be worth it it to some people, but getting a frame from the right car to fit was enough trouble for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts