Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I picked up another 63 Galaxie last week. I was watching for a parts car/panel donor for his G-code and came across a very cool 63 Boxtop drag car. I talked to the owner, who told me he built it for his nephew, but needed the room now. He was actually a pretty serious 62-64 collector, and had another car coming to take its place. He had the price listed pretty low because he needed to move the car, but we made a deal to trade some parts plus some cash and it was done. We drove from San Diego to Arizona Thursday morning, and showed up just after lunch. The owner ended up having 10 62-63 hipo Galaxies in his collection, and a few other parts cars in the yard. We chatted, checked out his cars, made the deal, and were on our way home.

Our new Galaxie was built as a drag car. The interior is stripped out, with a 6 point cage and aluminum door panels. The inner fenders were removed, and he had added a Crites hood, decklid, and bumpers. Powering it is a stout 428 with LR heads and a Crower 427 solid lifter cam. It currently has a single Holley on an Edelbrock intake, and Crites headers. Behind it is a built C6 with a 3000 stall converter and then a built 9" in the back. He also had 10.5" slicks in the rear.

We got it home and put some street tires on it and took it around the neighborhood this afternoon and it runs good and pulls hard.

We planning on civilizing the car a little, making it more like a S/S car. Rubber floor mats to quiet it down some, and probably some period correct buckets instead of the racing seats currently in it. In the future it will probably get a 2x4 intake and carbs, and paint the ugly blue engine (haha) black like it should be. But until then its ready for show duty and a trip to the drags soon.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Congrats. Ya'all are trying to beat my record of 22 '63 Galaxies at one time. Down to 5 now. You wouldn't be interested in another one would you? LOL

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. Ya'all are trying to beat my record of 22 '63 Galaxies at one time. Down to 5 now. You wouldn't be interested in another one would you? LOL
Ha, I think my dad and I would be looking for a bachelor pad if we did! Although numbers are nice, I think we are working on have 2 or 3 nice 406/427 cars.

Let me tell you though, we have both already thought about droppnig the high riser we have in the garage in this new car...but then we would have to find another one for the T-Bolt clone.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We made it to the local El Cajon Classic Cruise last night, and having the 2 Galaxies sitting next to eachother gathered lots of attention. Now the problem is that his car makes mine look bad....I've got some work to do!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
lagalaxie500, I got a more door hardtop 500. It's for sale w/wo the running gear.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really nice lookin car. Diggin those chrome steel wheels. what size are they front/rear?
The fronts are a Ford wheel, so I'm assuming 5.5", and the rears are probably 8.5" with a 10.5" slick on them in the first picture.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
How much and where is it?
Can't tell you the price but the car is in Lompoc, CA area i'm pretty sure since that's where he lives if that helps any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts