Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1976 Mustang II MPG didn't come with the sports mirrors, only the driver side chrome one. When I purchased my 1978 Mustang II Cobra II donor car it had the sports mirrors on it, I have since took them off and gotten rid of my Cobra II before Code Compliance sent me a nasty letter in my mailbox. My question is when you are trying to put a passenger mirror on where do you put it? Duh, on the passenger door... but do you just go by looks or wing it or is there a way to measure some how to get it right? Level? I've never had to put a mirror on a vehicle... lol Help! :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
The right side mirror doors had a reinforcement plate that the mirror screwed to welded to the inside of the door. I can get you some rough measurements off a door I have in storge if you want. there will be three holes, two screw holes and the third larger center hole for the control wires and knob to feed through. I would put a plate of some kind under the mirror for strength, a nut and bolt isn't going to be very strong.

Tim

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a door that didn't have the mirror on it have that re-enforced plate already? If it didn't than yea, the measurements would be a great help! Even if my door does have said plate, I think it could be useful to anyone who has the same question in the future. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts