Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in an earlier post where someone made their own adjustable panhard bar.
There's got to be someplace that sells a rod of the right dimension and length that 2 heim ends can be screwed into, thus making an exeact (adjustable) copy of the stock bar.
Anyone know who makes stuff like that?
Thanks,

RR

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I looked for along time when I did a rear end swap in my 67 but never found one that would work. Should be easy enough for a machine shop to make one up though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
im interested in this as well. the simplicity and general.... uh... flimsy appearance of the rear suspension in my 68 would need attention once i get the power to put it to its tests...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just e-mailed www.autoweldchassis.com
I bought some adjustable rear upper control arms for another project from them years ago and they are a great product.
Check out their site
I bet they could put something together for us.
If I don't hear back by Tuesday, I'll give them a call.

RR

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
What post were you refering too?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2006-08-27 14:03, wildosvt01 wrote:
What post were you refering too?
Good question,,,before I post, I try the search and it was one of the posts that came up. It was pretty old I think.

RR

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-08-27 14:21, 65460 wrote:
If you have a place that supplies circle track racers, just go to them and tell them what you want, theyll either make it for you, or tell you who can. You need a left and right hand tap if you want to adjust it without taking it off the car on one end.
Or, Im sure if you ask F15falcon he'd be more than happy to make one up but then you would have to pay shipping.
I live in the NorthEast, not exactly a hotbed of roundy-round racing. Every performance related part I get has to be mail ordered

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Chassis Shop in Mears,Michigan should have everything you need or want. A buddy led me to these guys about a year ago.Catalog is fat and filled. www.CHASSISSHOP.COM
Chassis Shop Performance Products
1931 N. 24th Ave
Mears,MI 49436
Toll Free: 800-530-9494
Tech Line:231-873-3640

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
On 2006-08-27 10:24, RacingRob wrote:
I saw in an earlier post where someone made their own adjustable panhard bar.
There's got to be someplace that sells a rod of the right dimension and length that 2 heim ends can be screwed into, thus making an exeact (adjustable) copy of the stock bar.
Anyone know who makes stuff like that?
Thanks,

RR
suicide doors makes panhard bars to the length you want

http://www.suicidedoors.com

http://www.suicidedoors.com/PanhardBarKit.php

Some friends have had links made to length

they are a really good company to deal with, really honest and helpful

check em out

L

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lgh1157 on 8/28/06 7:12am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Don't know why my first post didn't show but anyway I made my stock bar adjustable for my 68.Cut the end that attaches to the frame and welded a grade 8 nut to it. Weld the cut off piece to the head of a grade 8 bolt and your good to go.Been on for 6 years now with lots of 1/4 mile runs without problems.Only draw back to this cheap mod is to adjust it you have to remove the rod from the housing end to turn it.

Summit carries this one which is an easy weld in type
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CEE%2D2037&N=700+4294925130+4294839061+4294848951+115&autoview=sku

1 - 12 of 12 Posts