Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admins - I am incessantly getting a download pop-up for "net.php" from exelator.com. Is there a convenient way to stop this? I do not want to DL an inset that tracks all my movements - not only on your site - but all over the internet. Movements and clicks on your site and ads is fine, but to follow me everywhere and phone home is not acceptable. Exelate is known for malvertisements and persistent tracking. If I require this DL to function on FMF properly (which I apparently do not), then we can chat about compensation for providing my personal browsing info for everywhere else on the 'net as it follows me.

Please provide an opt-in, opt-out, permanent blocking procedure, or compensation agreement.

Thanks!
David

PS: I am not asking to delete your advertising methods where you provide overt content directly (e.g. - VigLink) to me - only systems that provide content about me to Exelate, Google, or anyone else for monetary or other form of compensation. If someone should get paid for my info when outside FMF, it should be me. Perhaps I'lk cut you in. ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I havent seen that either, but I am a non-windows computer user so maybe thats the deal also... ( Linux Mint and FireFox for my browser ) I very rarely get ANY pop ups, and sure dont have to worry about running any virus "programs"...

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I'm a windows person here but don't see it. But i do have an ad banner haunting me for nutrisystem weightloss. So who brought up they were fat here? :0

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... Bad enough i get followed everywhere as it is.
Ha! Still having trouble staying ahead of the paparazzi? :D
I run six different operating systems on a bunch of machines at home and work. I can't change the OS on the Macs and don't need to with teh Win versions. The Win machines have no issues using Firefox and a few add-ons to block or deflect whatever I need to. The Mac OSx and iPad for work are frustrating as hell...
:bicker:
David

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not seeing it either. Running windows XP and IE version whoknowswhat....I have Malwarebites AdAware installed, maybe its catching it.

This site has been sslloowwwww as smoke the last couple of weeks. Could someone hit the gas for us?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I'm not seeing it either. Running windows XP and IE version whoknowswhat....I have Malwarebites AdAware installed, maybe its catching it.

This site has been sslloowwwww as smoke the last couple of weeks. Could someone hit the gas for us?
Global warming and economent is at work maybe on the speed? Save a dinosaur you know. ;)

I use google chrome on win7 which i hate by the way, before chrome i used avant browser. I liked how it saved all my open pages when i closed the browser. I was happy to see chrome do the same but not so sure i like the rest of it but it works better than IE imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts