Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one used them? I am thinking about sending my trim, bumpers and head and tailight bezels.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Can they crome aluminum bezels? Or are they just going to take the anodization off and polish them? Just curious.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think alot of platers can do it, chrome over the aluminum I mean, but alot now offer anodizing as well. I know my chromer does now, but still, for all shiney aluminum trim, http://www.joesrustemporium.com and be happy like me. He does have chrome stuff too, but does early 60's Galaxie trim. Anyone who is interested in any trim, see him. I cannot say enough about the guy, prices good, shine is amazing, and gotta be the nicest to deal with. Sorry guys for bieng a kinda salesman for him, but service sells, and word of mouth is important. Whenever I see any chance to mention, I do. Oh ya, price should be alot versus joe, and with him, the pieces can be maintained, not needing to be redone at a lot more dough. My two cents, hope it helps decisions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64GALAXIE514 on 11/12/06 6:01am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I had H & H Plating in Charlotte, NC de-anodize and then polilsh the trim for my 67XL. It came out great and really shines. However, their process removed the black paint on the trim so the pieces no longer have the paint. I'm trying to decide whether to have the black painted back onto the pieces or not. I'm not sure how well the paint will stick or how the trim will look on the car if I install it without painting. Any thoughts out there??? By the way, I had Tri-City plating in Elizabethton, TN rechrome my bumpers. Real pleased with their work!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm also checking with Nu-chrome and paul's chrome. I saw their adds in Hemmings Classic Car. I haven't recieved a quote from advanced custom. I have a feeling it will be outrageous. where is this joes rust guy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paul's does great work, but you will pay out the wazoo for it.

3M makes a 1/4 " vinyl tape to do the trim-easy and looks great-did my with it after buffing -looks better than paint.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I live in New England. Around the shows here I've heard so many complaints about Nu Chrome it isn't even funny any more.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Joe is a great guy and I did get some stuff from him. The only problem with most of his stuff is that is anodization free. You have to polish it quite often to keep it shinny. Anodizing is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got the estimate back from advanced custom. They said it'd be $45-$60 a foot! I emailed a guy in Idaho named dave he said it be roughly $25 a foot. Anyone heard of him dave1960impala or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts