Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am sadly needing to sell my mustang.

I have a 1965 mustang (200, straight 6 engine. Four-speed). A few years ago I got a restoration paint job, the floors are done, new carpet, and a new radio system that was made to look original. It is a very beautiful looking car however, it currently isn't running. It has been having trouble for a year now and no matter what I attempt I can't seem to figure out the problem (this is probably due to my inexperience more than anything) but with college, work, and my commutes to both, I can't have a currently unreliable classic as my only form of personal transportation (and I, unfortunately, don't have the funds to afford a second car and keep my mustang). I have run out of all I can think of to fix the car myself, and will need to bring it somewhere to have it fixed for me, but seeing as I'm not quite sure even the direction to point them in, this could run into a fair amount of money (which being a college student I am fairly limited).

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice or opinion on whether it would be smarter for me to spend the money on getting it running and then selling it (because obviously, a running vehicle will sell for more) or if I could still get a decent enough price to get a less fun/beautiful but more reliable car that fits in with my needs at this moment in my life?

Thank you all, and have a nice day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of course your Mustang will be worth more running than not. Not knowing what it will take to fix and due to lack of knowledge and limited funds.. sounds like selling As-Is is your best option. Since known expenses lie ahead. I wish you didn’t have to sell. I sold my first mustang and have regretted it ever since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts