Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I will call this place once my 466 has been dynoed or at least built fully so I know all the specs. This place seems to have great prices and a quality converter but I will know for sure when I call. I really want a 9" or 8" converter with 5000 stall for my Falcon wagon but I also need it to work with the 557 for next year too. I thought some of you may be interrested in one of these converters especially since the price is right. Edge Converters

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I bought mine from Edge. It's the one I put in my MII, the tiny one. I asked for a 3000 stall but it only stalls around 2200 if that. Not to happy. I haven't got the car on the road yet so I haven't got it warmed up to see how it will work. But in the drive way it only stalls at 2200. He said I have to get it to temp and that it will only stall at 3000 with a trans brake. Does that make sense? He never mentioned the trans brake thing when I called him.

I might just put a 20 day plate on it and run it to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
It is near impossible to get the full stall speed on the footbrake as the convertor will turn the tyres before the stall is reached.A better indication would be to see what it flashes to on quick acceleration.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Or if the car has a full auto valve body, put it in high gear and hold the brakes, and then mash it and see how high it goes. That will also show the stall speed without spinning the tires. It might work in second gear, but if the motor is making a lot of power, it would probably pin the tires before it reached the stall point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts