Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that I bought my gt40-x heads from is selling his new AFR 185s after 6 months of use. He now has these up for sale. He wants to run hot street this year and is buying the AFR 225 renagade heads. I know alot of you guys are running the 205s on some serious motors. Anyone going to or are presently using this head. I guess it flows 325 int and 255 ext.

·
Registered
359 Posts
that is one hell of a head, what are those flow numbers at? in any event I saw what they wanted for the 205's I can only guess how much the 225's would hurt the wallet

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was at .700 lift but they are still 315 and 245 at .600 lift. Definately lives up to the old addage "how fast you can go depends on how much money you have".

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chilly460 is currently running, (well gonna run). (at least he has HIS heads). He has his numbers from those.
Mine are still being 'put together/machined', but I'll for sure post the figures I get from them.........when I get them.........

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm waiting for my AFR 205's also. Suppose to show up in about three weeks. I'm impressed with the mid lift numbers that these heads produce. Anyone know if a standard stud girdle is gonna fit? The valves are suppose to be in the stock Ford location, not spread out like my TFS street heats.
I'm also up in the air as to which manifols to run. Victor or Super Victor. I don't plan to spin this 377 past 7K.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are definately going to have to post some numbers when you get these things done.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-01-29 21:17, 85Mike wrote:
I'm waiting for my AFR 205's also. Suppose to show up in about three weeks. I'm impressed with the mid lift numbers that these heads produce. Anyone know if a standard stud girdle is gonna fit? The valves are suppose to be in the stock Ford location, not spread out like my TFS street heats.
I'm also up in the air as to which manifols to run. Victor or Super Victor. I don't plan to spin this 377 past 7K.

Three weeks?
Try 3 months! (sorry, I'm whining again)......

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Almost forgot.......they're supposed to fit standard stud girdles. Well, they gawddamm better......I just ordered one!
(to fit my imaginary heads)

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Imaginary heads can flow a ton of air. A lot more than real heads so you may be disappointed when comparing the 205s when they finally come in to the imaginary heads. I hop you get them soon before you get ulsers drag79stang.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chilly, I've got 2 hands.......Can't I open both???????????????

(did get my Probe industries stud girdle today, and a little Earls line for my fuel pressure gauge)......some semi satisfaction...... (home from work...took a day of vacation....deader 'n hell)........

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chris, the one that I got from Probe comes with the polylocks.
I'll take a snapshot of it and send it to ya. (got nuthin' better to do).....

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also have to Probe stud gridle. Had it for almost 3 years now. Very pleased. Easy to install, gurantees that lash won't change. It's on my 383-W w/Windsor Sr heads, Harland Sharp rockers and a Comp solid roller. .624/.628 262°/272° @ .050, 104 centerline. It will spin to 7200 easy, but my home ported heads are played out by then. A pic of the girdle installed:
http://home.earthlink.net/~racrcole/_uimages/engine5.JPG

Later,

David Cole

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
My Probe stud guirdles I just sold on e-bay. I had them 5 or 6 years. Very nice guirdles.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
They sure did look pretty with blue 1.72 rockers, shiny chrome moly pushrods, titanium retainers, large solid roller springs, lash caps, guide plates, and screw in studs
Very colorful combo when the valve covers were off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts