Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at new afr 205s and tw 190 fac(upgraded valve train.pac springs ferra valves ect...).Can buy either new for the same $$$(around $1450).Not looking for every last hp,just want the best quality head for the cash.Will be going on 351w and later a 408,in a 69 mach1 weekend cruiser.I know either will make the hp I'm after,looking more at what you get for the money spent.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
There are significant differences in versions of each head you listed. What are the part numbers of the two you are comparing?

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tfs tw 190 FAC (64cc) are the Tea/fordstrokers #51400015 that come with their upgraded parts.The Afr's 205 is #1450(58cc) that are sale from a couple of Afr distributors for a little less than $1500.Heard different stories on quality about both.Looking for the best long term investment,not just hp.I almost bought new Edel. Rpms,but decided to budget some extra cash for better heads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here's a great bunch of info I came across while researching which heads to buy. It has about the most complete group of heads for comparrison.......
Mustang Small Block Head Flow Figures
I ended up going with a set of Ford motorsport Z304 heads that were brand new, ported, never on a motor I scored for 1K off Craigslist.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I have no concerns about quality with either. The greatest impacts to durability and longevity will be with correct setup on the engine, and tuning.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts