Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 67 custom 62b and finding parts is like trying to find big foot, the drivers side widow regulator spring broke and from what I learned they cant be found ??? so I ordered a after market kit from speedway motors pn 91123332 "universal" uh o here we go again lol but I need the winders to go up and down any one have any experience with these or has a regulator spring

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a ‘57 Chevy with a universal power window kit. There are multiple kits out there but they are pretty straightforward to install. Just take the time to clean and lube any tracks and rollers or the motor will struggle.

Also, I found a complete window regulator for my ‘65 convertible on eBay. It took a while of looking but they do show up.

I have my old regulator still and the spring is intact. If you cover shipping costs I will send it to you. The whole regulator. I took out a regulator spring once. Literally 40+ years ago and I do not want to try that again.

- John

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rec and answered the email ,,, another note I tried the " universal " kit from speedway ..ya that didn't go well at all lol regulator broke second try of the window

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow - those NuRelics items look great. Way better than the universal kits. Pricey, but considering they are application specific I’m surprised they don’t cost more. This looks like a big investment in engineering/testing time and tooling.

- John

·
Registered
183 Posts
A few thoughts in case it'll help ...

The spring on the power regulator can be replaced, but be careful. It's a loaded mechanism and can cause injury if you don't know what you're doing.

NuRelic has good quality stuff and agree with others in that it's a good option. Pricey yes, but you get what you pay for.

I'd be suspect on 'universal' aftermarket power window kits. I read lots about them and most of the reviews were mixed at best. Some success stories, but many disappointments.

The power window motors are standardized on full-size Fords starting in '65, with the same ones being used across different makes & models (Ford, GM, etc) into the 1980s.

You can get quality-made ACDelco motors for $35ea on Amazon. You just have to add bullet connectors in place of the plastic one at the end of the harness.

The LH front and rear PW motor is the same ... just as the RH motor is for the right front/rear regulator. In other words, you just need a LH & RH motor, whether front or rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts