Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 with factory disc brakes and wanting to put on a set of aftermarket rims. I've tried a set of Crager S/S 15X7 standard offset and they hit the caliper. Does anyone know of a rim that will fit? Don't really want to remove the factory set up, are there any options?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Is it the offset causing the problem or the height of the wheel?

Either source a deeper offset than the 15 inch wheel you tested, or get the same offset in a 16 inch wheel, assuming 16 inch solves the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Caliper sticks out past the face of the hub about an 1 1/4". I don't think an offset would solve the problem? Adding spacers that thick would create more problems.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Wheel spacers won't work because the studs aren't long enough and the hub is swedged onto disc brake so you can't access them to add longer studs.

Had the same problem on my 67 Mercury. You can only use a wheel that is designed to clear big brakes. Offset/backspacing has nothing to do with it as it is the standard 4.5" backspacing but factory wheel has a cut out around mounting surface that sticks out on other side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts