Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested current at the coil, got about 7volts, about the same as the I terminal on the starter solinoid. I will pull the coil away fom the dist next and check for spark there.
NO gas coming up to fill the clear fuel filter, but I poured gas in the carb and used starter spray. so, even if I have a fuel starvation problem, I would think I'd still get at least a sputter....rechecked firing order...
Only things connected to the coil are the power feed and positive from the distributer and the neg lead from the dist.
Carb is connected to power and neg ground ( elec choke)
Any other suggestions?????

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
7-9 volts is about right if a ballast resistor or wire is in place but should get full voltage on cranking.Check for spark at the plug.I would also check if the dist is lined up correctly.Pull #1plug and check it's on compression and make sure rotor is lined up with #1 position on the dist cap..You might have already done this ,but it's just an idea to try anyway...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The power is a major concern but the first thing I suggest is to stop using the starting spray. It is Ether, highly explosive,unstable and it will dry out the oil in your cylinders. As this is a new rebuild, having oil on the walls is a mjor necessity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts