Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added or knows info on a good setup for aftermarket AC/Heater/Defroster for a 66 Fairlane? I'm now at the point where I want to get the underdash organized and need to work on the AC/Heater/Defroster. I don't want stock, I want an efficient aftemarket system. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I have been looking into Classic Auto Air and Vintage Air. Vintage Air has a nice custom unit (Gen II Super Cooler Unit) that should fit under my dash. Thanks again....

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Hiya Calfordguy, Did you ever do anything with your AC/Heater/Defroster unit or replace it? I'm getting sick of mine being so inefficient and giving me problems all the time. I've seen that Gen II system and wondered if it would work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've got a Gen II system (super cooler) installed in my 66 Fairlane. I should say "partially installe". The unit is installed, heater hoses run, but I do not have the A/C portions run yet, nor do I have the controls hooked up. I cannot comment on the cooling efficiency, but the unit itself barely fits under the dash. I no longer have my glove box insert (wouldn't fit).

I still have to purchase a condenser and a bracket to mount my Sanden compressor, but other than that, Im ready to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts