Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket C/4s...who makes a good one.
??
Thanks.
-Joe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joe In Mtown on 1/23/02 2:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No one makes a complete aftermarket C-4 that I know of. There is quite a few good builders of race C-4's with quite alot of better aftermarket parts in them.
Try
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/
They have a good reputation and will build a C-4 to the level you need.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I build mine myself, but for great info, e-mail, (or ask for him by name), Greg Cook has fantastic luck with his pro built C4 behind his HUGE FAST car! Pick up the phone, give him a call........just dial 1-800................

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have been building mine too. That is what I do for a living. What kind of horsepower are you putting in front of it? Do you already have a core to build? Of course I am right down the road from you in Ocean City, MD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is a 1990 hatch with a t-5. Its got heads cam intake etc. Its gone 12.60's. I wanted to swap to a c/4 because i would like to pick up a little e.t. and run more consistant.
Yes, i have heard out P A, a lot of the NMRA guys use their stuff.
I was looking to spend around 700 dollars to have a nice c/4 on my door step.
Possible?
Your thoughts....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joe In Mtown on 1/24/02 12:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you tried Dynamic? You see their adds in MM&FF. My buddy had a TCI C6. He went through 3 before he had someone at the local track build him one. What about B&M?

·
Registered
413 Posts
700 is realistic for the transmission but not with converter. You will probably need some kind of stall and that can get expensive. When you figure out exactly what you need email me I can give you a good deal on a built c-4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys. Right now i'm looking for a good durable forward or reverse manual shift C/4 with the big bellhousing. I just want to get it in my posession. we're still werk'n on what size and stall speed converter to put in.
I been shoping around and seriously considered PA... good choice?
What about Coan engineering's C/4, its decently priced... any thoughts or people that use it?
I've been off of this board for a while and i'm glad i came back, Ya'll are very helpful.
Thanks,
-Joe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joe In Mtown on 1/24/02 7:19am ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts