Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

aftermarket rods/crank for 351W - who has good stuff cheap?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  n2omike 
#1 ·
I need some advice for my buddy who is building a supercharged 351W, and has asked for my help with the motor. He is building a 351W with low compression slugs so he can run up to 15lbs of boost. This will be fuel injected, and should be 500+ horsepower i would think. I advised him to go for aftermarket crank and rods, but who makes decent stuff? Ordinarily, I would suggest I beams, because they cost less, and weigh less. However, with the kind of power he is going to run, maybe H beams are best. I've seen I beams for about 280, and H beams for about 450. Also forged steel cranks around $600. Since my building experience centers around stock crank/rod combos, with no blowers or nitrous, can someone help me out? I would hate to have him get the wrong thing, or spend too much. Thanks for the input.

#3 ·
Thanks for the input - but i tried flatlanders.com and got a brewery and restaurant site. I assume that was a mistake. Anyone have experience with Scat cranks? Are they any good? I was leaning toward eagle H beams, as i believe they are pretty strong. Anyone have any problems with these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.