Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Air duct connector

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ShotRod64 
#1 ·
On the drivers side on 63 Galaxies its an air duct which is conrolled by a knob on the left side of the steering wheel. A pushrod is connected to the metal arm that activates the duct. On my Galaxie the connector is gone. Someone know how which type of link/connector that is used?

#3 ·
The pushrod/cable is there but its too short, I have to get it longer one or another way, and make a loop or use a link. With some creativity its possible

#6 ·
Probably what happened with yours is the wire with the coil at the end like a spring, broke. I would think these can be taken apart somehow and a replacement piece of stiff wire put in it's place. If you look on your heater box it will be the same as what is connected to the openers there. Might not be easy to get the squished band off there but doable with patience. You remove the whole thing by unscrewing the nut on the back of the dash. Not real good pics but at least you should be able to tell what is missing. The wire is connected to the knob and when pulling the knob it pulls the wire up through and is kind of like as choke cable or even speedo cable but smaller diameter casing.

Eyewear Glasses Metal

Tool accessory Tool Nozzle Hardware accessory

#7 · (Edited)
Well, I got it done using 3 model airplane parts which I had: A sleeve and a link with threads, and a wheel collar (with an umbraco screw). Later I may get a used complete unit from USA. Thanks for the images in the post before this ShotRod64

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.