Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can y'all tell me what air filter you guys use for your air compressor? I have been using the Harbor Freight industrial one, and it's been nothing but junk for me. I would really like to have my air dry enough to paint with. Thanks for your help!
Eric

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just purchaced a Husky filter from Home Depot, and I'm going to change up the way it's all plumbed. I'm going to run a "flex line" from the compressor to the wall. I'm then going to "T" into a hardline that will run vertically up the wall and have a drain on the bottom. I will have the hard line run about 6 feet horizontally before the filter with the regulator after it. back down with another "T" and a water catch before I get to the first fitting. I have also purchased some of those in-line filters for painting. Hopefully this will let me run my tools and sand blaster without blowing water through them...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just purchaced a Husky filter from Home Depot, and I'm going to change up the way it's all plumbed. I'm going to run a "flex line" from the compressor to the wall. I'm then going to "T" into a hardline that will run vertically up the wall and have a drain on the bottom. I will have the hard line run about 6 feet horizontally before the filter with the regulator after it. back down with another "T" and a water catch before I get to the first fitting. I have also purchased some of those in-line filters for painting. Hopefully this will let me run my tools and sand blaster without blowing water through them...

I use the disposable dessicant filters. little more pricey but no water at all.

I use to have water problems and fixed a lot of it by changing my lines, drains etc. but when running air for a long time, overall paint job, sandblasting and such would still get some water here and there. I started using these and never had a water problem again.

when I put a new one on my paint gun I put the old one on my sandblaster. they work really well.

Motor Guard DD1008-2 Mini Desiccant Filter, 2-Pack - Amazon.com

Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts