Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on Ebay that there are an abundance for EFI cars, anyone have any experience with and affordable one for a carbed 289, 1966 fairlane?

Long tube headers, I can always add a boss for a sensor if I have too...

Thanks
Hodge

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah...No, Not "Crabed" Carbed, It's chilly out and the fingers havent defrosted yet.

Thanks
Hodge

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The go2 altitude machine? yeah, and pricey too...unfortunately.

I was wondering why I was having a hard time finding a air fuel meter that would work on ebay, figures it would be pricey...Thanks for the reply!

Im just trying to make sure that this thing isnt running too lean. Plugs are border line, I have only owned this thing for a week. I plan on running my bro on Fri at atlanta motor speedway and I have no experience on an edlebrock carb. Im reluctant to touch it just yet even though the PO gave me the different jets with the car.

I think Im in the fourteens which should be enough to whip his turbo TA...

wish me luck and thanks for the info...

Later
Hodge

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I thought you were speaking of the machine on my website...I see the innovate product your talking about, Ill check into it thankS!
Later
Hodge

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
As Mike said, the wideband setups are the only ones that will allow you to really 'tune' your air/fuel ratio. The narrowband ones ($30-50, plus $30 for the O2 sensor) will get you in the ballpark, or tell you if you're pig rich or dangerously lean, but that's about it. The LC-1 can be had for 200 bucks, and would work great as long as you are technical enough to hook up some sensors and view the data later on a laptop, or hook a gauge to the 0-5v output for realtime info. The other one I've seen that looks like a nice setup is the AEM 6-in-1 gauge setup that you can get for $250.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
The Innovate LM-1 can be found on eBay for about $280. Summit and Jegs sell it for $350. The LM-1 has data logging for up to six channels built in and is a nice unit. Innovate has a nice product support forum to.

62 Falcon - 331 stroker - C4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pbrown on 10/29/06 11:34pm ]</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info...Dumb question, but is this something that a rod shop can do? Or someplace that I can go to ask them to to tune it?

Like I said, earlier, This isnt something I feel super comfy with and dont mind shellng out some cash to get done...

Anyone out there in Georgia?

thanks again guys
Later
Hodge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts