Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, OK, OK,..I want to get rid of that Airbag Steering Wheel in my 92 Mustang and replace it with a nice Grant unit. I do not care about the airbag. Surely, someone has done this before. I have heard there are complications with the horn if you do this. And Grant says they do not have an steering wheel adapter (bs). Any insight or help out there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did it. No problem. If you still haven't done it, I can help. Just buy the adapter kit for the non airbag car. It doesn't look as clean as it would on the non airbag round steering coluem but it works. I also pulled all the sensors under the hood behind the headlights and such with no problems. Safety sucks!!!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The word I get is disconnect the battery and let the car sit for an hour or so. (I am in no hurry so I will let it sit overnight.) There are two screws behind the steering wheel and you remove them and Viola! You are on your way. I am not sure about what the sensors look like behind the headlights. But I will find out.

I cannot stand my 92 Steering Wheel and I intend on Open Tracking a little. I want a better feeling steering wheel. In fact I would prefer a 89 model Tilt Column or maybe a Flaming River or I Did It Steering Column. If any of you Mustang Guru's have some info on the Steering Column replacment feel free to respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.