Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with an alcohol / water injection system on a street car running either a blower or turbo?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yep.
We installed A LOT of kits on blower cars when I worked at the dyno shop.

·
Registered
106 Posts
a buddy of mine has a snow system on his turbo srt 4 neon. right now we have only run windshield washer fluid through it, you can kinda feel a difference. we need to get better tires on it cause with all the stuff it has done to it we can t get it to hook. also this coming summer we are going to try and locate pure ethanol, we talked to a few people and they said it should give us more power. i guess the idea is not like nitrous but it cools down the intake charge. if we don t get the performance out of it with pure ethanol we are gonna hook spary nozzles to blow directly on the inter cooler. oh he is running a like 15psi boost maybe a little more max. and all kind of computer software to control afr and turbo boost and lots of other stuff. he just leaves his laptop on the passneger seat and plays with as he drives.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
My friend has a snow meth injection kit on his '93 cobra 'stang. 10 pounds of boost with a vortech s trim, box stock twisted wedge heads, e cam, stock cobra intake and it made 459 at the tire with a very safe tune. Very basic build. Nothing really trick or custom except for the snow kit. Makes good power for the sum of it's parts.

Like was said it serves to cool the intake charge and keeps you out of detonation like a high octane racing fuel. He runs full timing with 10 lbs of boost on pump gas. Try that without the snow kit. So far it's worked very well with windshield washer fluid.

It also really doesn't use much washer fluid. If you do run out or the pump stops working you can kiss your head gaskets and maybe more goodbye.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 289nate on 12/13/06 8:38am ]</font>

·
Registered
777 Posts
We didnt care for the Snow kit. At least not the few we tried. The controller was, to put it bluntly, junk.
We used kits from http://alkycontrol.com/ . His controller is the best we found. He can custom make a kit for any application.

Our biggest "glory" car was a 2001 corvette convertible with a Vortech on it, pushing 16 lbs of boost, on a stock longblock with the factory hyper pistons, running on pump gas using one of the above mentioned kits. We always ran straight meth. We never did care for spraying a water/meth mix. ALthough it would still cool the charge, we prefered spraying something into the cylinder that would actually burn and add to the combustion process.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I used the Snow kit for awhile to spray methanol down the throat of the carb while under boost. It seemed to work well when more timing was added.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a tidbit of info, i have an all Aluminum Olds V-8, turbocharged with water/alcohol injection. All factory issue.

Oh ya, its a 1963.

I also use windshield washer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts