Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that too much to ask? No adaptor plates to mount a 302 tunnel ram. Just a 351W specific tunnel ram.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha ... Bet you that thing never does 2 things...

1. Actually make it to production
2.Actually make it under the hood of my car.

My Kingdom for a tunnel ram !!!!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Haha, yeah, that thing has been in the "coming soom!" category for years. I did some searching last night and you're not the only one looking for one. The word is that they don't make a tunnel ram for 351w. I don't see why not though, considering they have them for 302 and 351c engines. You could do a sheet metal intake.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice little engine the 302 but why would they make a tunnel ram for it and not for its big brother?

Maybe some day I'll decide to spend a whole lot of time and money building an intake. For now I'd like to buy one off the shelf. Call me silly.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had a sheet metal tunnel ram built by T R E in Tenn.Look at Hot Rod mag, sept, 2006. The wookmanship and quality was very good. I was able to make 816 H P from 374 cubic inches.Very trick piece. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Here's the one on ebay. There used to be a company that advertised in Super Ford that offered a 351W tunnel ram. Maybe this is one of those???

The runners sure look awfully straight up and down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-351W-Tunnel-Ram-Intake-408-427-Stroker_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ133204QQihZ004QQitemZ140026141363QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Good Luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: n2omike on 9/9/06 10:42am ]</font>

·
Registered
865 Posts
At first glance it looks trick. The runners a WAY too long for any high RPM engine. It could be modified to work better. I have some other One of a kind manifolds that will never work correctly. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw that too.. Those are awefully long runners though. I think I'll just make my own over the winter.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
To be honest, if you think of the width of the carb pad (unless it's dual dominators, but that doesn't look like a dominator flange pattern to me), that intake's nowhere near wide enough for a 351. That's a 302 tunnel ram I'm 99% sure. Maybe someone should pay the 700+$ and buy it to see =p.

Cris

·
Registered
162 Posts
You could get John Beck Of beck mechanical out of texas to build you one specfic for your application for around 1800-1900.00

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Theres a lot of things I could do once I win the lotto. I just spent the better part of a day making a 6 pinion planetary for a C-4 . I can buy those too but its a lot cheaper to make one. I can make a manifold. It'll just take a few months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts