Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changing my v belts to serpentine on my 69 mach1, while i'm at it i'm upgrading my alt from 42amps to 90 or 100 amps,i was going to upgrade my original alt which was 42 amps to 100 amps but cant be done, i stuck on a 92 amp from a big block ford but was to big,now i know from these posts that i can get a GM alt but like to stick to a ford one or something close to the original one that will bolt right up, have to send my alt, my water pump and my powersteering pump out so the guy can measure it up for the sepentine pulleys, what alt would be good to get for my car 351w motor. have to figure out what to do. i see summit has a couple of them in there catalog.thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I bought a Tuff Stuff alternator from Jegs. It was a 100 amp, then I had it rewound to 130 to hold up to the audio/video system in my car. It works great, no problems. It also fit pretty good too. I did have a belt break, but I replaced the belt. While doing that, I noticed it was slightly behind the water pulley. So I just shimmed the alternator. No problems with it so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts