Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking, is there anyone else here that is from Montana? I won't hold my breath but thought it would be nice to find out.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Gotta be the nicest I'd say. By the sounds of things, if you don't have a Ski-doo you're screwed, too cold there man. We are having a west coast of Canada mild winter. Now Greg, my question for you is this: Do you guys in Montana's have a Montana's Cookhouse, or restaraunt whatever? My old lady drove through and hit Billings. She was disappointed because no one knew where one was (our favorite restaraunt here). I told her it's like having a place called New York style pizza in NYC. Kinda silly, I laughed at her.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 62 came from there, bought it from my uncle who bought it new. I've been out of MT for about 12 years, but there were quite a few in the Billings area.

I see your in Great Falls, my sister lives there and I'm planning on stopping there to visit this spring on my way to Billings. Kind of a round about way to get to Billings, but I only get to see my sister about every 3 or 4 years.

Bobg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: unioncreek on 1/12/07 9:05pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
64Galaxie514: No, no place called Montana's Cookhouse. Thats funny, I don't care who you are. Billings is a great place to...visit. I lived there for almost 5 years. Too big of a city with all the crime and human trash. I worked at a computer software company doing design and programming. Place was located in a very bad neighborhood so I was glad to get out of there but my wife's family is from down there so we go back to visit 4 to 6 times a year.

Unioncreek: If you are down this way the first weekend in May there is a huge car show on Central. The claim it's the biggest in the state. 700+ cars. Hope your trip is pleasant.

·
Registered
303 Posts
dude. from what i hear you my be the only PERSON in montana.

just kidding. actually it's on my list of states to visit.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA!

You're not alone my brother! I was Born just north of you in Kalispell, about 40 years ago... And I am COMING back!

Just as soon as all of my family has died off and there's nothing left in the world for me I'm headed home... Sort of like Ted Kozinski... To my little one room shack and all my imaginary friends....

FE

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ah man, I thaught maybe Montana would be an escape from that kinda crap, drugs, fires, guns bad neighborhoods. What a let down. How's the rest of the state? Bare with me hear, I saw the movie "A river runs through it" and base my view of Montana off that a bit.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hey does Missoula still have a big Mustang show every year?

As for guns in Montana I'd figure there must be more guns than people! <Its a joke guys!> Stu

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2007-01-12 08:48, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!

You're not alone my brother! I was Born just north of you in Kalispell, about 40 years ago... And I am COMING back!

Just as soon as all of my family has died off and there's nothing left in the world for me I'm headed home... Sort of like Ted Kozinski... To my little one room shack and all my imaginary friends....

FE
Are these new imaginary friends or your current ones?

Oh no now your going to send me a package in the mail!!!!

Stu

·
Registered
303 Posts
On 2007-01-12 09:48, 64GALAXIE514 wrote:
Bare with me hear, I saw the movie "A river runs through it" and base my view of Montana off that a bit.
i swear to god i've never seen the movie but wasn't "broke back mountain" filmed in monatana?.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sgettin: Hey now!! BBM was filmed in Wyoming! That hurts! I am homophobic so I've never seen the film. Just thought I heard it was filmed down there.

Billings is probably the worst of all the cities in MT. The rest are pretty good. Bozeman is beautiful but the cost of housing is twice what it is here in Gt. Falls. Lot of outta staters, that would be you guys, moving there and pushing prices through the roof :^)

FE: I like Kalispell. I have friend up there named Tim Baier that I ride sleds with every once and a while. Nice to see another native heading home.

64Galaxie514: Not all MT is crime ridden with areas of the down trodden. Billings is just like 3 times or more bigger than Gt. Falls. Alot of really pretty areas in the western half. Eastern half is god's country cause everyone else left and gave it back to him.

Captvirgilhilts: I think I remember something about there being an all mustang show over there. I don't get over there very often and when I do it just passing through.

·
Registered
303 Posts
well you know, being from IOWA (home of corn fed girls, nervous sheep, and radar freaking o'rielly) i have to take every opertunity(sp) i can to pick on other states.

to bad about the land price run up. that sucks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I know Greg, but I just never associated any crime really to Montana, or the Dakota's or Minnesota. Any mention in these places really throws me back. Remember, I grew up watching Detroit and still think it gets a bad rap. Just certain spots get all the attention so you brace yourself when entering. I was a scared pup when I went to Oakland CA, man, but the rest of California was really nice (northern) that I went to. All the real crap is in L.A. Anyways, waiting for winter here in Ontario, 47 degrees right now. Feel proud Greg from Montana, you just may have the nicest Gal in all of Montana as well as many other states IMO. I hear there is a "balls to the walls" highway in Montana, this true? Kind of an unofficial autobahn like, or never patrolled? My dad told me this, but half the time he's full of it- is he full or empty?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
On 2007-01-12 08:48, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!

FE
I kinda had Nevin Johnson (The Jerk) in mind when I read that.

Block the borders!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve Maritin was a comic genius. Was...not so much anymore.

64Galaxie514: I agree with you about the crime. I worked in a really crappy part of town that the company owner was trying to bring back from the trash that lived there. Had to have security and everything to make sure the women and some small men made it to there vehicles at night. If I had worked some where else I probably would have liked the town more. I do like the town I just don't want to live there ever again.

I always wanted a larger special purpose. Do you think I could trade it in? I still love the "defective" oil cans. I am laughing as I type. That was good!

By the way, the old "Reasonable and Prudent" speed limit was replaced a number of years ago. About 11 years ago you could go as fast as was "Reasonable and Prudent" Depended on car and condition of said driver. 80 to 85 on the interstates was common. It was our, Montana, way of saying we don't want you to tell us how fast we can drive, but if you are going to withhold highway dollars we'll institute a limit. By the way, unless you were clocked at 100 mph in a Pinto with bald wheels the ticket, if you got one, was only $5.00 and it wasn't for speeding. It was for "Wasting of a natural resource." aint that a hoot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 1/13/07 3:17am ]</font>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts