Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
To conclude it simply created itself with no monetary investment, labor, or creative effort, is a 100% false assumption.
I never said that, so please don't put words in my mouth. I know that you give contributors a t-shirt with one submission, a hat with three and $100 with 6 or more articles. So yes I was wrong in saying that your getting the bulk of the articles for free.

But lets be honest here, Giving away a t-shirt or a hat and at 6 articles and above your paying 16.66 per article to the members, is almost for free as compared to paying a full time office staff to do the work. I would be willing to bet there have been more than a few that have submitted 3-5 articles and never got the $100. SO it seems to me that your getting the articles almost for free. And when you consider that they are advertising for you for free by wearing you FM t-shirt or hat, then... you are getting the articles for free.

So wheres the bad azz articles on bad azz Fords that we come here for. I don't see them anymore.:(

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Damn, I donated back my $100 for my tech articles to help the little guy out just about a month ago. If I had known I would have taken it. Hopefully my lifetime membership is still good? Or is that part of the change too?
Mike,
If you still want your $100, you can take us up on it. The Tech Exchange Program will be sorted out. Details will follow as we work with autoforums.com. Please remain patient as we make the transition.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Seems like most of the complaints here are about the way FM used to be. If that is the case, then maybe we should welcome the new owner.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Whats up with the Dodge and Jeep advertisement that I'm seeing on this ford web site, is this part of things to come ???????????? :mad: WTF am I going to see Honda and Toyota advertisements to ??????? Ill never spend my dime on a frickin web site that advertises any thing but Fords ! I have always praised this web site, but there are a lot of good Ford web sites out there !

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
Whats up with the Dodge and Jeep advertisement that im seeing on this ford web site, is this part of things to come ???????????? :mad: WTF am I going to see Toyota advertisments to ???????
Seriously, if you read the announcement you should have read the explanation about google ads. Repeatedly posting the same thing to complain about ads for other trucks and how this is a sign of things to come makes you sound like you are yelling the END IS NEAR! The Sky is Falling!

Take a moment please and read back about how you didn't have to skip past an ad between each of the posts like you did before. This is a forum on the Internet you will see Ads because they pay the bills the companies that spend the most to reach out have the most exposure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Look, Im not a hater. Making a buck is the american way. I cant speak for everyone here, and i wont try. Being a member of the old Fordmuscle including forum gave me a since that people were genuinely sharing information to help other people with Ford interest. We knew they were sharing, they didnt do it for the money, they did for the love of their interest. There was a spirit to it. You could feel it.

A big turn off is corporate management. I work for a company that was bought out by a private investment firm. The first week the corporate lawyer came in and said "...make no mistake, we dont make products, we make money!"

Thats how it feels to me. I wont turn my back on Fordmuscle (FYI, I still work for the same company, I love what I do) Ill still be in the shadows, as long as i can remember my password.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Hi Jon,

Not a chance, I dont go back on my word. I just hope you guys still play a big part in the Tech section. What part will you guys play?

Mike

Mike,
If you still want your $100, you can take us up on it. The Tech Exchange Program will be sorted out. Details will follow as we work with autoforums.com. Please remain patient as we make the transition.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I am very relieved this announcement was made at this time. I appreciate the posted quote about Intellectual Property Rights in response to my question. I wish it had been by an Admin. If that is the 'official' answer, then perhaps a short public discussion of the future is in order for the benefit of others on this board. Please do not mis-interpret my tone.

It is of interest to note that the neither the IPR statement nor any direct reference is made to it upon registration nor in the Tech section for submissions. Since I and others have been looted for our knowledge in the past, I bulk pre-publish most of my substantive posts and all "articles" before submitting to sites just for rare occasions such as this. Since most of my posts and articles are pre-published, I continue to hold primary rights. It is my intellectual property now and forever. Because I hold rights, and I am willing to share the information with others as I choose, much of it appears on this site by my choice. If providing a forum to share this information in exchange for decades of accumulated knowledge buys rights, especially without overtly offering your conditions in advance as part of your inferred 'contract', we all need to talk. Here. In public.

I am not initially concerned by the change in hands (nor by Dodge ads), as much as by the effort I have made recently to prepare a substantial number of Tech Articles to submit, and I hope that the atmosphere is not now toxic for those that wish to freely share their knowledge for the sake of others, only to have it taken for purely reasons of monetary profit from those that did not provide the intellectual property.

Again, this is not a challenge, but a request for specific information and hopefully reasonable and fair practices, so that I may continue to enjoy sharing for the benefit of other enthusiasts as well as learning for myself. An Official reply is requested.

David

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I started FordMuscle in 1999. The decision to partner with AutoGuide was one that took years to develop. Believe me, this has nothing to do with "ample profits" as some alleged. It has everything to do with two guys simply running out of time, energy, and money to keep a forum going. We want to spend our energy on areas of the site we are passionate about. We also want to spend some time with our families.

I really appreciate those of you who have provided constructive criticism and feedback. However, I do feel entitled to comment on some of the irrationalism.

First, to user EZ-Platesystem. Your comments carry zero weight with me when you blatantly advertise your own product/business in your username and signature.

With respect to ads. Guys, believe me, companies like Dodge, BMW, Toyota are much smarter than the two guys who founded FordMuscle. They advertise here because they know there are guys on this very site who *gasp* may consider buying one of their vehicles over a Ford.
In the same way, there are guys on that Chevy site who may drive a Ford. This is nothing new, you'll see ads for all sorts of non-Ford products in your favorite Ford print magazines. Ads pay the bills - and, frankly, when you have small businesses (like that guy above) who expect free advertising - well, you take whatever ads you can get.

I've been working on FordMuscle for 7 days a week, over 40 hours a week, for over a decade. I know a little something about the thousands of people who frequent this site and participate in the forums. I have no intention of letting them down, and that is why I am confident this change will be a good one.

Thanks to those who are being optimistic!
Chirag

·
Registered
50 Posts
First, to user EZ-Platesystem. Your comments carry zero weight with me when you blatantly advertise your own product/business in your username and signature.
And that's a problem why? It's done all the time all over the internet on every forum I have ever been to. Because I sell a product that many racers would benefit from, somehow that renders my opinion valueless? I don't think so. Your just upset because I made a couple of points that hurt your feelings. Sorry didn't mean to do that, just commenting one how I thought FM has lost it's direction and how for me it's not worth the 19.95 subscription price.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Originally Posted by PSIG

Will we continue to hold all rights to content we add in the forums and Tech Exchange?

David

Found this, not sure if it answers your question

Quote:
Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights
All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by FORDMUSCLEFORUMS.COM or by other parties that have licensed their material to FORDMUSCLEFORUMS.COM. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by VerticalScope Inc. may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.
I read the announcement of the forum exchange with an open mind thinking that the general attitude with the forums will be the same.

In going through some older posts (1 month or older), I find that I cannot edit any of them to add pictures, modify the info, or provide clarifications. Has it always been like this? Pretty sure I have edited old posts in the past.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Chirag ... I have been around a long time (since the forum was two years old) I've seen a lot of things happen here and been at the center of a few forum related situations. I am not an easy guy to like and have never had that as the focal point of my existence.

So I feel no threat saying this:

You guys have always had the attitude of, "If you like FordMuscle ... it (and we) are here for you ... If you don't like it you are welome to not spend your time of money here".

I have never heard that come across as an mean spirited invitation for someone to leave, just a simple fact of life. And being a business owner myself ... that is a simple fact of life for a business.

You and Jon (and the others involved) have done real well with FordMuscle and I'd be willing to guess most of the complainers could never create anything that would become as well accepted and profitable as FordMuscle (or even my business) from scratch.

So from someone who knows what it's takes to build something worth while from scratch ... You done good! :)

Congratulations on your success.

I know you'll get a lot of legitimate questions and that's expected, but as I said on another thread ... "Ignore the Dillweeds" ;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Chirag ... I have been around a long time (since the forum was two years old) I've seen a lot of things happen here and been at the center of a few forum related situations. I am not an easy guy to like and have never had that as the focal point of my existence.

So I feel no threat saying this:

You guys have always had the attitude of, "If you like FordMuscle ... it (and we) are here for you ... If you don't like it you are welome to not spend your time of money here".

I have never heard that come across as an mean spirited invitation for someone to leave, just a simple fact of life. And being a business owner myself ... that is a simple fact of life for a business.

You and Jon (and the others involved) have done real well with FordMuscle and I'd be willing to guess most of the complainers could never create anything that would become as well accepted and profitable as FordMuscle (or even my business) from scratch.

So from someone who knows what it's takes to build something worth while from scratch ... You done good! :)

Congratulations on your success.

I know you'll get a lot of legitimate questions and that's expected, but as I said on another thread ... "Ignore the Dillweeds" ;)

"I am not an easy guy to like and have never had that as the focal point of my existence." Finally, big guy you made my day ! ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am very relieved this announcement was made at this time. I appreciate the posted quote about Intellectual Property Rights in response to my question. I wish it had been by an Admin. If that is the 'official' answer, then perhaps a short public discussion of the future is in order for the benefit of others on this board. Please do not mis-interpret my tone.

It is of interest to note that the neither the IPR statement nor any direct reference is made to it upon registration nor in the Tech section for submissions. Since I and others have been looted for our knowledge in the past, I bulk pre-publish most of my substantive posts and all "articles" before submitting to sites just for rare occasions such as this. Since most of my posts and articles are pre-published, I continue to hold primary rights. It is my intellectual property now and forever. Because I hold rights, and I am willing to share the information with others as I choose, much of it appears on this site by my choice. If providing a forum to share this information in exchange for decades of accumulated knowledge buys rights, especially without overtly offering your conditions in advance as part of your inferred 'contract', we all need to talk. Here. In public.

I am not initially concerned by the change in hands (nor by Dodge ads), as much as by the effort I have made recently to prepare a substantial number of Tech Articles to submit, and I hope that the atmosphere is not now toxic for those that wish to freely share their knowledge for the sake of others, only to have it taken for purely reasons of monetary profit from those that did not provide the intellectual property.

Again, this is not a challenge, but a request for specific information and hopefully reasonable and fair practices, so that I may continue to enjoy sharing for the benefit of other enthusiasts as well as learning for myself. An Official reply is requested.

David
Administrator... you have time to have words with ez-plate, so could you please answer and address this? I also, compile my build thread and post it on multiple sites.
Bill

·
Subscriber
626 Posts
Look Folks..You still have to take the wrapper off the roll of toilet paper in order to finish your poop...Ads are ads..You look past the Ford ads to get to the forum you want and never think about it...Till now...Life didn't change that much...Enjoy your poop...( I recommend "Charmin Ultra Soft with Aloe" for that clean feeling you just can't get with those other brands )*

* Charmin Ultra Soft has been known to lower your 60ft times by .016 seconds in a national test.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Look Folks..You still have to take the wrapper off the roll of toilet paper in order to finish your poop...Ads are ads..You look past the Ford ads to get to the forum you want and never think about it...Till now...Life didn't change that much...Enjoy your poop...( I recommend "Charmin Ultra Soft with Aloe" for that clean feeling you just can't get with those other brands )*

* Charmin Ultra Soft has been known to lower your 60ft times by .016 seconds in a national test.
Well it is about time we have a expert on the subject of poop and toilet paper, something we have not touched on before...no pun intended. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I read the announcement of the forum exchange with an open mind thinking that the general attitude with the forums will be the same.

In going through some older posts (1 month or older), I find that I cannot edit any of them to add pictures, modify the info, or provide clarifications. Has it always been like this? Pretty sure I have edited old posts in the past.
Surely with the contributions Dennis has made to this site you have time to address his question?

41 - 60 of 134 Posts