Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
So it looks like the Tech section is going downhill fast! A thread of someone asking a question with no tech article. A published article that's not much of an article. I really enjoyed the tech section. Please don't let it go to ****.

Fred

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to admit, I was skeptical of people fearing the new management, but now I can totally agree. The Tech Exchange Section is going to complete crap!!! Gonna give it a week to see if it straightens out.

·
Subscriber
626 Posts
I have to admit, I was skeptical of people fearing the new management, but now I can totally agree. The Tech Exchange Section is going to complete crap!!! Gonna give it a week to see if it straightens out.
Fred...You live in El Paso...Give it a year...If it still sucks in your opinion after that, then shoot the other 2 of you and turn out the lights..

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Well that is about the most cogent thing I have seen on this thread. Good on ya 67Stang.
I, like PSIG and many others, write my tech submissions because I love to share it with others. If I wanted to be a writer and make money, I would submit them to Mustang and Ford or Popular Hotrodding.
I drive a Chevy Truck (with Ford brittany blue stripes), my wife drives a Volvo - its all good, advertise Suburus if you want, I wont buy it, but I will make fun of it.
Folks, it is we, US, the members who make this site what it is, and make something off of it, either in membership for tech submissions or knowledge from those submissions and countless other threads of help.
I dont see a wrench of any kind behind a lot of names wanking about this, so no griping - the ones who put a lot of time and effort into tech articles, yeah, maybe some concern but at the end of the day I am not going to stop, its fun, I like it and a lot of you folks seem to have enjoyed them.
I run a cruise, me and a couple of other dudes, everyone wanks about what it could and should be and they are not comeing because we dont do this or that for that kind of car, blah blah blah. But when I ask for help, only a couple of dudes step up. I totally understand about starting something and trying to keep it going for the benefit of others who only participate but not help run it.
Change is good, no I am not an Obama fan, I just spent 25 yrs of my professional life making organization changes for many reasons. Some liked it some didnt, some stayed some went. Go and go quitly, otherwise be a partner or leader of change, or just see what happens.By the way, I have just submitted to Tech Articles this week, you all sort this thing out so folks can read them.
Gydyup
I started FordMuscle in 1999. The decision to partner with AutoGuide was one that took years to develop. Believe me, this has nothing to do with "ample profits" as some alleged. It has everything to do with two guys simply running out of time, energy, and money to keep a forum going. We want to spend our energy on areas of the site we are passionate about. We also want to spend some time with our families.

I really appreciate those of you who have provided constructive criticism and feedback. However, I do feel entitled to comment on some of the irrationalism.

First, to user EZ-Platesystem. Your comments carry zero weight with me when you blatantly advertise your own product/business in your username and signature.

With respect to ads. Guys, believe me, companies like Dodge, BMW, Toyota are much smarter than the two guys who founded FordMuscle. They advertise here because they know there are guys on this very site who *gasp* may consider buying one of their vehicles over a Ford.
In the same way, there are guys on that Chevy site who may drive a Ford. This is nothing new, you'll see ads for all sorts of non-Ford products in your favorite Ford print magazines. Ads pay the bills - and, frankly, when you have small businesses (like that guy above) who expect free advertising - well, you take whatever ads you can get.

I've been working on FordMuscle for 7 days a week, over 40 hours a week, for over a decade. I know a little something about the thousands of people who frequent this site and participate in the forums. I have no intention of letting them down, and that is why I am confident this change will be a good one.

Thanks to those who are being optimistic!
Chirag

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
FE !! You should be kinder to our French Allies...
Why just last month I bought a FINE French Army rifle.
It had been fired once and dropped once...

As always, Luther says Hi...
A guy at work once told me he bought a bunch of french rifles that were NEVER fired, only dropped once :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Any news, or no news is good news? Submitted two tech articles, trying to support you folks, but so far nada? Not a lot of activity on the forum at all?
We are working on this still.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I reported that above post to Admin, and nothing has happened.
Looks like they are doing a great job! :)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts