Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how soon but the owner's health is not so good and isn't supposed to be out there moving cars around and such so it's just a matter of time. This yard is in Tehachapi, CA Will be a sad day when the crushers move in as i don't believe he'll be able to find someone to take over. Two wagons in the pics were just taken to new homes. So if you are close enough and need parts or see a full car you're interested in you should make a move. The sooner the better. Sure a lot of good one's out there if someone has the cash and time. The man who sent me these pics goes to a lot of yards from Nor-Cal to So-Cal rescuing some of the old fords. I did laugh at the Pinto in one of the pictures. It finally made it to the top!

photobucket changed everything around so hopefully this link works. It's just a few pics of the cars here.
Tehachapi junkyard Story by ShotRod64 | Photobucket

Just in case, i gain nothing by sharing the pics or story, just hoping some of these get saved before they become jelly bean cars or beer cans or something.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So sad, can't save them all I guess.

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Try this.
49500 Alan Avenue Tehachapi, CA - Google Maps

i used the dismantling company on one of the pics to find it yesterday. I emailed to verify that it's the correct place as i don't know the actual name unless it is what was on the sign. Tehachapi Dismantling

·
Registered
3 Posts
To the author of this post:
This "doomed junk yard" is my Grandfathers!
I would appreciate it if you remove this post along with the associated photos!
These cars are NOT on their way to the crusher and there are people who will be taking over one day when he is gone and I really do not like you posting about the condition of my grandfathers health on the internet! I understand that you are just trying to help people get a car who would restore and enjoy them but this is not the way to do it and I don't appreciate it! I would also appreciate the name and contact info of the person who sent you the photos. He sells cars to a very limited amount of people and I don't want photos all over the internet so that people can come rip him off for what they are needing!
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Do not see how this would get your grandfather ripped off he is running a business selling old cars and parts, I am sure a lot of people all ready know about his place, looks to me like your getting your panties in a bunch over nutin.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
To the author of this post:
This "doomed junk yard" is my Grandfathers!
I would appreciate it if you remove this post along with the associated photos!
These cars are NOT on their way to the crusher and there are people who will be taking over one day when he is gone and I really do not like you posting about the condition of my grandfathers health on the internet! I understand that you are just trying to help people get a car who would restore and enjoy them but this is not the way to do it and I don't appreciate it! I would also appreciate the name and contact info of the person who sent you the photos. He sells cars to a very limited amount of people and I don't want photos all over the internet so that people can come rip him off for what they are needing!
Thank you for your time.
1) So, grandpa's healthy. Great. Why get pi**ed off?

2) If this isn't the way to get parts to people that really need them, what is the right way? Mecum? Barrett/Jackson? Oh, sorry, they don't sell parts, just overpriced cars.

3) Grandpa sells to a limited number of buyers? So, if other buyers are willing to pay more than his "limited" customers, that's a bad thing for gramps?

4) What if gramps has parts that his "limited" customers don't need? Should these parts just sit there until the end of time?

Sorry, I just don't see the big deal about this at all. Grandpa should be happy for the free advertising.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am asking again for you to remove this post. My grandfather does not want it up. Just since you posted this the thefts have gone up. For the record, I have not, nor will I ever receive a penny from that yard. It is about my grandfathers wishes and what he has worked his whole life for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First of all I am not a HE.

Second, I have not, nor will I ever benefit from what is down there.

I also want to see them go to good homes and be enjoyed and not rust into the ground but I do not appreciate the way it was done. You do not post about someones health on the internet. It is disrespectful and classless.

Not to mention the rest of the article was all wrong.

And again, if my grandfather wanted it all over the internet so everyone and their mother could come rob him don't you think he would have his own advertising? Not cool. Have some respect for his wishes.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
mx_angel, I consider your threats and senseless posts as highly disrespectful of the genuinely kind and caring members of this forum. Rather than post "He is fine! We are happy to report all is well with Gramps, but we would request..." or something similarly cordial, you come-in swinging, and come back again. And again. In-fact, as you have reappeared over 8 months later to protest again, it seems apparent you are only trying to push the forgotten subject back into the spotlight on-purpose.

Given the appearances in this case (walks like a duck, talks like a duck...), I will be glad to shuffle some of your own style back at you. If any statements are incorrect, then you are invited to politely correct them, as others have been polite. But, that is not what you rare trying to do, is it?

Using false pretenses to draw attention is lame. For example, discussing one's health only in second-hand terms of "not so good" is not disrespectfully discussing it in public, but rather passing relayed info as best as known, and only to the extent to explain the situation as-told. If instead it was said "he has advanced Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, and he has a sticky discharge from his penis, with ..." then that would certainly be objectionable as well as suspicious.

So, to drop this issue without response is the best way to prevent any more attention being drawn to it, as you have now done with todays posts. If you do reply (with anything other than a single kind apology to the previous concerned posters), then it is naturally assumed you actually want attention brought to this thread. That would reinforce that you are either stupid or knowingly attempting to deceive. My 2 cents and your move.
:frown:
David

"There is little to distinguish gross ineptness from fraud."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts